Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Yeah i promise I’m not trying to annoy anyone but I’d say 90% of my family and friends aren’t willing to disrupt their lives and quarantine themselves indefinitely with no guarantee that there will be a vaccine available anytime soon or ever.

Visited friends yesterday (doctors, high income…) and the topic didn’t even come up. On the other hand, I have friends and family members I haven’t seen in 6+ months because they’ll only see me if I quarantine. That def sucks

I’d also have to quit my job to quarantine myself - totally not doable financially

Here’s what’s known about Trump’s doctors’ efforts:

1. “Supplemental Oxygen” beginning at the White House on Friday after his oxygen levels dropped rapidly. No word about what they did about his high fever at that time.
  2. “Regeneron’s antibody cocktail” (a blood transfer treatment) beginning at the White House on Friday.
  3. “Remdesivir” (an anti-viral drug) beginning at the Hospital on Friday, he is on a five-day course of the drug
  4. “Dexamethasone” (a corticosteroid used to prevent or treat ‘cytokine storm’)

Currently his vital signs are stable, but he remains on a CPAP style ventilator sourcing “room air”.

X-rays and CT scans of his lungs has been done. Conley avoided a direct answer to a question from a reporter about whether there was evidence of damage to Trump’s lungs as a result of the infection.

Is this available to the every member of a risk group in the USA?

Nope.

Yeah there has got to be some plan to get the economy going again.

There seems to be more cases but less that result in death. Why and how is not clear, but it is a good sign in the right direction. Have treatments become better or sooner, or do people now have a stronger basic immunity and can fight it off and survive better? Many folks are still scared wit-less about catching a deadly flu and the US economy is frozen in place.

So what are some good ideas and approaches for ramping back up? What needs to be done and what is the time frame for doing this? Put on your thinking cap and solve this thing.

What country do you live in that is recommending quarantine for people with no known exposure to the virus? I haven’t heard of any country recommending that.

You aren’t annoying any of us - we’re not likely to encounter you. But you will probably annoy the people you eventually infect, who will probably trace their infection back to you, especially if you’ve had close contact with them at a family member’s or friend’s residence.

>glasses fog up

(surely I can quote that much, to point out that a bit of bandage tape on the bridge of the nose will hold the mask in place and protect the glasses from fogging.)

LMGTFY: https://www.google.com/search?q=virus+glasses+fog+tape

There are anti-fog sprays for glasses.

We never shut down our plant… not even during the Mandatory 2 week Wretchen Wittmore lock down… the company reduced the work force in the front offices by 50%… (over head-no value added people) during that lock down, but the build plant has been working 5-6 days a week…pretty much it looks to be full steam ahead in the Manufacturing Plants here in Warren and Sterling Hts. Michigan…

. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | Michigan Medicine

Trump is in his 70s and I once read that his fave food is McD cheeseburgers. So he’s somewhat more-than-average ‘at risk.’ The average person with Covid doesn’t need as much intervention; typically it’s more like having a cold or a mild case of flu.

Hey buddy,

I live in USA and I’ve heard that in California they are still recommending that people stay in indoors. That being said… Man, it’s so hard to know what’s true and not true in the news. Someone could say something to influence people in the upcoming election I suppose.

I’ve actually never been to California. People I know from other countries sometimes don’t realize how big the US is. There are a large number of places that I haven’t been to and probably will never get around to seeing

I notice there is no hydroxychloroquine in the mix.

Post #6000!

(at the moment)

When I first heard about this I thought I’d built up immunity from the thousands of bottles of Corona I’ve consumed in my life

(Bad joke Monday)

I decided to sign the Great Barrington Declaration . In just half a week, it’s been signed by over 4,000 scientists and 7,000 medical practitioners.

It’s not terrible, except it’s goal seems to be to get rid of masks and ignore the problem. It’s one restricting sentence:

Ah, we do those two things already, and look where it got us.

What’s interesting is that in countries where mask wearing is common during flu seasons, their flu caused death rate per capita is lower than the United States. In the USA we did not have a mask wearing culture. You got the flu? You toughed it out. You went to work & spread the flu to others. “Herd immunity”… except that thousands would die. I expect that this flu season, the death count OUTSIDE of CovID, will be quite small. Because of mask wearing.

The Coronavirus Unveiled - Scientists around the world have captured detailed images of SARS-CoV-2.

This the one you’re talking about?