CPF wont let me post reviews!

"Surefire 6P VS Solarforce L2" - http://www.jayki.com/9936

Flash, even though a lot of us wouldn't splash out on a very expensive light...it dosn't mean we don't covet them :P

Post it here Flash. (You will probably make me buy it!)

Yep, there's no rules here about price range, but obviously there is a strong bias toward less expensive lights. But I do find it interesting to read reviews of expensive lights, and even more so if the reviewer has an open mind and also is an owner of inexpensive lights. A little bit of constructive comparison and criticism is always a good thing. The only slightly mainstream light that I own is the Fenix LD15 (won it in the Lightake drawing) and I do plan to review it soon.

I myself would love to see reviews of more expensive flashlights.

I have a surefire but it was a gift from my nephew who's in the Navy.

Please don't hate me.

First flashlights, then knives...when do we get to the reviews of the Intimate Gadgets section at DX?

That's all you troop!

Piers - Sounds like he came to same conclusion I did in my review.

Maybe we should have a more expensive light sub-forum. I don't know where a person might draw the line on price, however. Myself, I consider Solarforce budget but there are cheaper P60 hosts.

Foy

We talked about it a long time ago and I think the budget light price cut-off was $30. Or was it $50. Sorry, I can't drunk because I'm too think. Wink

Budget can be sort of relative to the product. If someone here wanted a budget HID light, they would probably be looking at $79 to $149.

An expensive HID runs around $400-500. But I know what you mean.

I think there are also "sub-budget" lights, the $3-8 stocking stuffers, most of which I would want to give away rather then keep.

How budget , some budgetteers balk at paying $30 for a flashlight ...

High end = Over $100 ?

Mid = $50 - %100

Bottom = $30 - $50

Budget = $15 - $30

Cheap = Sub $15

Dirt Cheap = Under $5

Im sure everyone sees it differently , but my 2c worth .

That sounds good to me.

Well, I'll be the first to admit it - budget for me is an amount spent on one light/related purchase that draws the attention of my spectacularly patient wife. $20 seems to be the sweet spot.

pleasedonotlookatthepaypalbabeFoy

When I see 'budget' sellers with UF 501's (Q4) at ~$30, well yeah it's a 'budget' light alright......but no way is it good value.

We could have a non-budget sub-forum, but then we would have to treat them badly like the budget forum on CPF :P

I don't imagine anyone minds seeing more expensive lights, might as well just post them in what ever battery section they fit in.

more than that i'll be sleeping in a couch lol

as a newbie BLF'er, I'd love to see the more expensive torches reviewed by the great members here. Only reason I scan CPF is their reviews on the premo dollar lights ... then mentally compare what I can get for far far less from China. Seeing the knowledge displayed on this great forum, I know any regular BLF reviewer will utimately compare a high priced torch they may be reviewing to a cheaper Chinese cousin - far better than I !!!

My $0.02 , please keep the change Tom

That's so funny

I guess its just the implication or stigma that goes along with the word "budget" that made me think otherwise. As mentioned, "budget" is simply a relative term. Im sure there are those with solid 24k gold flashlights out there somewhere, probably the nice people in Saudi that we purchase our oil and fuel products from. Check out this A8 custom skinned in silver. Kinda makes me sick.

The light I had in mind for the review isnt super expensive at about $100, its just not what I would consider a budget light. For its intent, I definitely give it high marks. Work has been beating me up the past week but the review is almost complete.

Here's the review:

http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/2110