Cree does not use DTP technology

I do not believe it has anything to do with money, there are many companies out there that to do offer you any MCPCBs, except for a couple of models where trust me it is far from anything you want to have as MCPCB.

They tell you the max is 1.5A for an LED and they recommend you 0.7A but you instead run it at 3A 4A , so you need DTP, so for the health of the LED they always recommend low current.
Also these LEDs are SMD components, so like anything else SMD they are in reels and you can feed them to pick and place machines.

At the currents that cree advertises and tests their products, DTP isn’t necessary.

Ok, I wonder what percentage of the LED’s Cree sells get hot rodded like what we do to them. Minuscule percentage?

I imagine it is miniscule as their market isn’t aimed at us really.

So who is Cree’s main market for XM-L2 and XP-L’s??? :quest:

They are just options for manufacturers.

This forum and its members. :bigsmile:

I’m installing 10 pathway lights that use single xpe’s at 700 mA. My first thought was “Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be to boost that?”. I’ve mounted 7135’s with DTP to solid copper ground and dropped 2V through them but under rated conditions that’s not necessary.

Last year Cree had a turnover in excess of $1.6 billion.

Please direct me to any ceiling lighting using these XM-L2 and XP-L LED’s.

Are these XM-L2 or XP-L’s?

Cree is just the Coca Cola of LED, there are several makers of LEDs such as Samsung, Nichia and Osram. Not to mention Cree makes a number of LEDs to use for various lighting needs. XHP or MTG for example.

It can take a bit time to track down lighting fixtures that use a particular cree led but that it certainly where the majority of these leds wind up. In fact XP-L was created to allow many leds densely packed together. Search around high bay lighting.

Here are nichia 219b leds, 112 of them, in one single high bay fixture. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31152 Not high CRI nichias though.

Xpe’s are widely used in industrial lighting also

???

Its what happens when you smoke crack…

??? :bigsmile:
That phrase reference comes from the American movie “Star Wars”. It has nothing to do with smoke coming from a crack.

I think we’ve all heard of Star Wars, but your comment could have been confusing because it didn’t make any sense in the context of this thread.