Cree reinvents the Lightbulb

Well that is some good news. Every time I have looked at led bulbs in lowes there about 25 to 40 bucks for bulbs that actual put out a decent amount of light. The main reason I have stuck with CFL, led bulbs where just to expensive to justify.

My gripe with CFL bulbs, is at least with all of the ones I've had so far, none of them are warm. Once the last bulb in my nightstand goes, I'm in trouble if I have to switch to a cfl in it.

There are very definately 4 round bumps under the dome, like an inverse of the number 4 on a playing die. Don’t match anything currently in the Cree line-up that I could find. I do have a couple on order though, Home Depot online backordered em.

Lidl in the UK were selling E14 and E27 threaded LED bulbs last week - 2 for £5. Both Warm White, 3,000k, rated at 100 lumen / 1.4w on the box. I got a couple of each, one for a bedside light that looks a little dimmer than the 7W low energy 350 lumen one it replaced, but it’s OK. Never tried LED bulbs for the house before, and my wife was pleasantly surprised when I said I’d bought a new LED, that it wasn’t a torch!

Took a screenshot and did some enhancements to show detail.

!!

Cool, thanks for the heads up bose301s

Couldn't you have gotten on the site 2 days ago and told us to buy stock in Cree

dang ..^

Looks like 4-die emitter with double dome technology (similar to bridgelux sm-4 and sharp) to reduce glare…

Fasttech, you know what to do :D

Sure, if he wanted to be locked up for insider trading. :wink:

Or if I even knew it was coming, lol. They kept this a pretty good secret, we never knew, outside of those making the thing I assume, lol.

Compared to Best Buy Insignia bulb:

Most of us don’t care a bit, but for mainstream John Doe, that packaging SUCKS. It has no wow factor at all. It truly looks like an LED bulb that would be on sale at DollarTree.

+1. And it’s a pity that “Assembled in USA” is on the back in small print while that swath of dead space occupies the front. Domestic manufacturing appeals to a lot of folk.

Wow. Thats great.

Here in Holland we are very proud of our own dutch milk. 20 years ago I stayed in England for an amount of time, and they were clearly very proud of British Milk. I am sure the americans are very proud of their apple pie, but we know that the only real apple pie is dutch.

I guess that is the way it is everywhere in the world...

The only REAL apple pie is the one made in Temple TX in my mom’s oven. :stuck_out_tongue: She’s been making em for my dad for 62 years, think she’s got it down pat! :wink: As proof, my ever growing numbers on the scales. LMAO

Perhaps a lamp casting it’s beam on the ceiling with a standard bulb, then the new cree? I’d like to see what the warm output looks like. I’ve ordered 2 of the 5000K for the bathroom fixtures but wouldn’t you know they backorderd.

We have a 5 bulb fixture over the kitchen table that has a dimmer switch on it, I think these would excellent for that application.

Really like the Cree over the Insignia, did you get those at the local Home Depot? I need to go look and see if ours has em yet. Thanks again for the heads up.

The packaging sucks so bad, it’s all I noticed in the first photo of the thing!

I was then looking at the side by side of the two bulbs and I didn’t even know which one was the CREE, because all I noticed previously was the horrible package!

Feed us, or it didn’t happen. :party: