CREE XM-L U3 available at www.led-tech.de 1100 Lumen @ 3A

so are those Cool White or not?

2S tins is Cool White.

ic thanks,i thought 1A was cw

white or greenish? i’m confused

Maybe this will help. See this chart for tint reference.

-Garry

thanks garry,
yes, 2s looks ugly asparagus-pee green. I think i’ll wait untill 2a is available…

Vinz is the nickname of a german flashlight modder. Here are some pictures of his projects:

The first one, who wants LED send a message. If somebody else wants one, I will order.

Both are cool white, but they are in different tint brackets by cree binning.
Some of the highest led binning in brightness only can only be achieved in s tint, so better tint U3 may not be available any time soon.

Cool white 4Sevens quarks & minis had notorious green tint issues due to s tint leds, folks quickly learned that “S” stands for “sorry”…

Wow….“S” is really crazy. Better follow the black body line as close as possible (ie real colour of light reproducible in the real world by a heated black body) as indicated by the dotted line in the diagram.

There's a lot of complaint in general about green tints by folks. However it seem that for the copper base people kept buying the U2 from Led-tech.de which is 1T, another green one.

I can confirm the 4Sevens green tint. I got the MiniX right after XM-L's were first available . . . great light but dude, Irish green O'Malley.

Foy

Its not always 1T. People also received 1A, 1B, 1C, 1S.. and possibly few others.

The Copper XM-L´s from LEDTech are really top!

But don´t stress the solder points on the heatsink, they are sensitive!
For centering the LED, etc. push with fingers on the solder points, to press it down. :wink:

Otherwise a rigid cable could damage the solder point.

I have just measured one and it's 1.6mm thick overall with the circuit on top. I bought one that is neutral T6, not the U3.

anyone got photos to see how the tint looks?

Still waiting for mine, and getting a bit anxious… Shipped on Sept 9th…?

No photos (bad taking beams…) but the tint is slightly on the greenish side.
Not bad for a thrower though.

They arrived today! I’ll share more information when I get time to take some photos and install them…

Is the copper pcb nice and thick? It looks it in the pictures :bigsmile:

Yeah, they’re pretty thick. I don’t have calipers, but my eye+tape measure says about 1.5mm thick.