Crelant 7G10 Looks pretty nice, or does it?

WOW !!! Very good price.
Way to go FastTech and thanks PhatPhil.

Under $80 for the 7G9 v2 also, interesting, because this light is still parallel batteries so should be able to upgrade to a Nanjg over 4 amps if you want, like the original.

the 7g9 is a good choice for a driver swap, since it has no memory stock… i had one pushing 4.2amp and the huge host just sucked up all the heat

ran forever on the parallel config also… great throw too.

the prices at fasttech are killer

Surprise there is almost no review thread about 7G10 except turbo bb’s one.
I just receive mine today and take it for walk in travel pouch. Suddenly it switched on by itself.the side switch is the problem.will be nice if there is lock out feature.

Isn't this the thread that started all the m.a.p. crelant fuss ?

It was the fasttech thread when they started to carry crelant with very low price…

Selfbuilt also did a review on it.

It's not a popular light for a reason. It had a number of issues, chief among them, as MTG2 lights go, it's underdriven (only about 1800 lumens), and it will turn on everytime you put batteries in it, and close the battery carrier tube to the head of the light. Not to mention the atrocious grinding threads, which you can't even put too much lubricant on, without breaking the circuit.

IMO Crelant gambled on being the first to the market with an MTG2 light, and just didn't put enough thought or development into it.

I read selfbuilt’s review too before buying.
few things I like from this light are big n deep reflector, infinite brightness mode and smooth beam pattern.the downsides have been mentioned all in their reviews still exist. So no revision.

as for the drive, I see other brand drive their MTG2 quite moderate either maybe except Eagletac one that claims upto 2700 something lumen. However 7G10 still better driven to SF K3 and quite on par with S2200 and niwalker vostro MTG2 version (i reckon the big number gap.in real world usage my eye can’t see that much).
the body thread is like grinding wheat but the head thread is smooth. Not sure why they don’t make it the same. The auto turn on part can be bothering.what I do is when it auto on, i just switch it off and continue turning the body to head.

The SS bezel is glued. Anybody know measurement of reflector? If it is SMO, maybe can throw further. 7G9 v2 is almost same size light. Wonderung the reflector size is similar. Should throw well.

The Eagletacs are both noticeably brighter. The S2200 is about the same, maybe a tad better, but it's much easier to mod. I never saw the niwalker, or thrunite stock, but have them both modded.

I also found it very odd that the threading on the head was excellent, in a spot where it's not likely to see any use, but crap between the head and battery tube. I ended up sending my light back for store credit, as opposed to keeping it. Given that XML2 emmiters are being pushed to put out over 1600 lumens, the 7g10 just isn't worth it imo. Crelant could have a nice light on it's hands if they make a few revisions, but I agree it doesn't seem likely that we'll see an upgrade anytime soon.

Bezel on mine wasn't glued. The head of the 7g9v2 is much smaller, it's still an excellent thrower, just underdriven. Out of curiosity, when I had them both, I did put the head of the 7g10 on the 7g9v2, and the beam it produced was very nice, and extremely tight. The closest light that produces the same result is the niwalker bk fa01.

So far I tried, I think every single mtg2 light, except the solarforce k3, and of the eagletacs, niwalker, thrunite, and s2200 the 7g10 was the one I disliked most. It's nice to see that emitters are finally being used to their full capacity. Currently imo, thrunite tn35 is the best stock option.

I never thought of thrunite have MT-G2 until you mentioned it.
now I started to have a feeling for selling this light, LOL.
lesson learned.

Well, 7G10 is the second cheapest branded MT-G2 light in the market after K3.
the all lights’ performance lines in hierarchy corresponding to their price.
K3, 7G10, S2200, Niwalker, Eagletac SX25L3or MX25L3.

In fact of being underdriven, 7G10 is very cool when running on max for a while. the run time also seems reasonable.
single XM-L can produce 1600 lm if driven very hard with very good cooling and that mostly too hot and eat battery too fast.

I like the head being seal tight by gluing (kinda hope haze will never find it’s way in if head never been opened), however the inner side of lens has any furs and traces. would like to clean it.
anyway, the AR coated lens doesn’t look so strong coated. Wipe it hard with essilor micro fiber cloth already leave mild lines.