Deal alerts for Banggood.com - BTU Shocker, SolarStorm, Olight, XinTD...

I agree, but it's not for us to decide. This kind of behaviour should be reported to Mr. Admin -> he acts if he seems it necessary.

what he already did…

thank you sb!

Ah, yes...

The kreisl effect. 8)

Guys,

I appoligise if you are concerned I list too many deals. I will back off. My normal account was banned with no explanation which forced me to create a second account so I could get in contact with the admin which I did. I have emailed admin to find out what’s up as there was no explanation to what happened. Please PM me if you have a concern. I will back off listing specials. I only did so as others were and people who read this forum look forward to seeing special deals.

I want to resume my Rolz account and lose this one. This is only temp to allow interaction with sb

Being a member for 4 years I only recently began listing deals, maybe 2 a week in th eappropriate threads. I included NON aff links every time. Recently someone has been removing my posts. This could be immediate via SPAM button? I’ve had no explanation in any case why me posts were removed. I want to resume my Rolz account and lose this temp one. Initially I relisted the listing and again it was removed and then the account Rolz was banned. I created a second account Roly (temp) to contact admin. Sb agreed all was ok and reactivated my account. I created a deal listing on Roly to see what would happen and it’s led to some good discussion. I never intended on keeping the second temp accout. If I wanted to hide it I would have used an obscure name. I’ve had multiple posts deleted (via SPAM button) over the ast week. This may lead to a percetpion that I over post but it was re-posting as someone was immediately deleting my post. If/when my account is re-instated please check my history on posts. I dont believe I’ve overposted deals, but if you disagree please tell me and advise what is fair.

Is it in breach of BLF rules to list a deal a couple of times a week in a deals thread? Is that too frequent? I dont list a website in my sig promoting more deals as a form of advertising. My motivation for some listings is to share with others what I found that could be of interest. The small return from affliate is to enable me to feed my obsession with torches. I too would like to write reviews like many others to share learnings.

My opinion is it appears some users don’t like others in their space thus leading to the action.

Maybe the answer here is to ban Aff links altogether.

Hehe, good one :D!

Sorry for not adding to this thread :D!

That's how the SPAM button works:
- If your post receives enough clicks on SPAM it will be deleted (unpublished)
- If the above happens to too many posts of yours, your account will be deleted (banned)

The above is automated and doesn't require Mr. Admin to do anything.

If the SPAM button feature is misused, Mr. Admin can (and will) react and re-activate your account. And if that happens repeatedly, the member(s) misusing the SPAM feature will be warned, or eventually banned.

So, to conclude:
- The SPAM button is only for fighting against real spammers (advertising handbags, or other paisley)
- Too eager deal posting is not spam -> do not press SPAM, but report to Mr. Admin and he'll decide if it's appropriate

Ps. I (kind of) miss Kreisler. :)

Our Admin has reviewed my situation and has re-activated my account. Sb’s indicated he’ll look into who Spam flagged my posts. I’d like to know who so I can ask why my messages were deemed as Spam. If someone who has spam marked my posts can please PM me with details it would be appreciated.

I’ll ease up on posting deals as I mentioned I would and will effectively stop using the Roly account as that was temp.

You will have to stop deleting your posts, that’s not a good practice, just several days you had 172 posts and now 161…

If posts are marked as spam, they disappear, which means they also should disappear from users post count, no?

A majority of the posts just disappeared, I assumed it was due to being marked as SPAM. I looked at some of my recent posts and they were no longer visible. Initially the disappearance of a post confused me and I re-loaded it, only to find it then was removed. In all cases no reason was known as we aren't aware that a post is removed due to being marked as SPAM. There were a few (3?) where the post was created and then I deleted it shortly after once it was found that the deal was already posted.

I'm unsure of the SPAM policy in place for the forum but it may be that marking a post as SPAM once immediately deletes it from the system.

Looks like affiliate mafia is cracking down on competition lol :D!

sb will take actions i am sure!

please keep the thread clean(ish) :wink:

What constitutes abuse of the spam button, and what constitutes the community sending you a message?
Starting a 2nd account to put forth your agenda disturbs me.
Are your posts so “critical to the community” that you can’t simply wait until
SB reactivates you?

The BLF community is what’s most important. This is a great forum with wonderful people. The discussions I read a very interesting thanks to a great group of very passionate flashaholics. I like all want this to always be the case. My posts are insignificant compared to yours and others. The 2nd account was created as the only method I had of contacting sb as I knew no other way. I’ve abandoned the account and will not use again.Please lets end this discussion as it takes away from the interesting stuff covered on the forum. If you wish to discuss further please PM me.

Only 3? That’s way too easy to abuse.

20mm Copper LED base for XML (2) (and XHP50/70 apparently) $1.55 before discount codes:
http://www.banggood.com/20mm-Copper-Base-PCB-Heat-Sink-For-CREE-XM-L-XML-2-XHP50-XHP70-p-978494.html?p=CV2621791095201409D6 aff link
Flash deal, ends in 3h they’re $2.48 now

i ordered 3 copper stars. are they any good? :bigsmile:

can people post also links WITHOUT affiliate links, even if you use affiliate links, you SHOULD also include one without! (in each post you put an affiliate link)

keep your manners up guys!

Can it be used for XPL?

no