Decent keychain light

Thanks Nautic for posting up the pic......that sucker is small indeed.

Cheers guys, Don i love the Orb raw just a shame there so expensive.

What do you guys think of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220496341227&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320440192493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

With regards to the titanium ITP i'm a bit confused as to what parts are titanium, their website says the body is stainless steel so what part is Ti

http://www.itplight.com/product_show.asp?id=211

Me, I'd have either. It is possible that titanium is an even less suitable material for making lights from than stainless steel unless you live in the sort of environments that are incompatible with life - a phrase I've been looking for a chance to use ever since I heard it in a medical genetics lecture 22 years ago.

Pity Lummi no longer makes the original aluminium Raw. I have two of them, one with a Luxeon 3 and one Cree XR-E. Still like them a lot.

Whats worng with titanium then it's strong and very light.

If the overall weight is 9 grams I'd guess none of it. A fenix E01 is 14.2g without a battery. Aluminium is quite a bit lighter than titanium and waaaay lighter than stainless steel. If it really weighs 9g then it is clearly made of unobtanium.

Since I don't believe the weight, I don't believe any of the rest of the spec either.

Its thermal conductivity is worse than stainless steel - which is why they say don't use 10440s even in the aluminium model.

Fair play Don i thought you were going to mention something about the heat, the A1 ss gets so hot after 10 mins u don't want to hold it, also the 1hr battery life is greatly exadgerated i only managed 30mins on a fully charged imr cell

Not as bad as the Ultrafire C3 SS. Longest I've managed to hold it on high is 4 min 45 secs. And I have pretty heat resistant hands. I have managed to pick up and put down safely a beaker of boiling chromic acid (Boiling point 312C). But then the alternative was no face. Not something you want to have picked up. I had no fingerprints for a year afterwards.

From what im reading the body and clip are made out ot ti.....

A3 EOS Titanium

• LED: Cree 7090-XP-E Q5, life span up to
    50000 hours
  • Titanium body and clip
  • Finish: Polish
  • Reflector: Aluminum alloy
  • Max output level: 80 lumens

I have found the itp a1 one ebay for £17 so i may go for that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320458844441&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

and also from shiningbeam

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250591297204&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

Bryan is a nice fella, always did me right when i buy from him.

Who's he then ?

Lol....he's the owner of shiningbeam......

Hey Don do you have any pics of your Lummi it seem a lot of money for what it is but i'm really tempted by the AL raw, do you have the trites in yours are they very tough most seem to be very fragile.

Only one of them has atrit in it - he didn't have any when I got the Cree one. Will do some pics later on.

The older Luxeon 3 one is on the right in the next 3 pictures. The body length is the same in both but the Cree head is a bit longer to fit the reflector. The Luxeon is 100/20 lumens or something like that, the Cree is 160/20 or thereabouts. Once I've charged some CR2's I can check this. Both run for not a lot over 10 minutes on high. the Luxeon one has a trit in it, the Cree one doesn't as Rob didn't have any when I ordered it. The Luxeon Cree must be more than four years old now and the trit is original and this went everywhere with me till I got the Cree one when it got relegated to my bedside. I've not found it fragile at all - it is completely inside the milled slot so is pretty well protected.

If I remember correctly the previous three pice were lit by an ROP high bulb.

Today's pics

Luxeon Raw on left, Cree Raw in the nice plastic tubes Lummi used to ship them in (Don't know if he still does, they'd be too wide for the Raw NS I think. The cell in the middle is a protected RCR2 15mm diameter, 26.6mm long. Both of these have spent a lot of time in my pockets, hence the dings but since uncoated aluminium is soft, it'd be easy enough to polish out the ding - but I'd miss the very fine texture of the machining. These were machined in Switzerland - no idea if he still gets them machined there.

Luxeon Raw, Cree Raw, Ultrafire WF-602C, Tank007 E07, Ultrafire RL-118, Trustfire F23

Cree Raw.

This has the later and rather neat lanyard, keychain attachment - the lanyard on the Luxeon one came from a Sony Ericsson phone.

Now they are just awesome.

With a CR2 Ion - a lovely little light I played with on a passaround years ago. They might well be the perfect keychain light if they were affordable - then I think they cost around $200. Not as bright as the Orb and a pure flooder that isn't supposed to be used with rechargeables. Beautifully made, but then it ought to be. If I remember it had some sort of SSC emitter in it. The split ring folded in to the base (And wouldn't fall out of there - it was deliberately a rather tight fit) so that it'd tailstand perfectly. The anodising was extremely tough - it had not had a sheltered life. But too expensive.

Lovely light mate, just a shame that even the cheapest one with trits is £50 +