delete

I've ordered three Convoys over the last six months - but don't know the story here - can someone fill me in?

Convoy is run by Simon, Simon is a flashaholic like us and is a perfectionist… which is why his lights are very nice and so well received.

The pictures were accidentally shown early, so now they’re out and the light is probably still in the design phase and not ready for sale yet. As far as I know, from speaking with Neal and Jdub, there’s nothing more to it than that. A couple of people sort of jumped the gun and got this going a bit early, that’s all.

That’s about the sum of it. While I wish the photos had not been posted quite yet as I was waiting for Simon to respond to me about how/if he wanted me to share them it is already done. Neal saw these pictures in a Chinese site where some of this stuff is discussed among a group of people and was probably just excited to see something new so shared them here. Neal is not involved with Convoy.

I’m going to stay out of this topic now but rest assured people I will post pictures along with information when I know how Simon wants to proceed. Keep in mind people that these pictures are from a test sample. This is not yet going into production.

If Simon decides to go ahead with a copper S2+, I’d be very interested. That brushed finish looks amazingly good :slight_smile:

If Simon ever made a stainless steel S2+, I’d be equally interested in that :innocent:

Copper for looks, stainless steel for sheer indestructibility :slight_smile:

I don’t need triple LEDs and whatnot, but a 5000K 90+ CRI Nichia LED and a Biscotti driver would be perfect for me.

I wonder would Simon object to a group buy, look how long we are prepared to wait for the GT, Q8, FW3A.

We could probably have several hundred, maybe 1000 or more on a waiting list for launch if the price is right.

Would be really nice if launched as a limited edition signature range, numbered.

Personally, how much i like the S2, the S2 is just a tad too big for EDC.
I would be more interested in a copper 14500 sized Convoy with the styling of the S2+.

Or the S2+ should be updated and called S?+ and should have an E-sideswitch and Narsil

Why another group buy? Can’t we go back to the good old days when they make a product then we buy it. Comes to our door without a year of discussions.

I am going to start a Flashlight kit company. Only sells four products.

Tube Light
Thrower
Flooder
Pocketable

All four come with 5 emitters, 5 drivers, 5 lens’s. All included. BYO Flashlights LLC.

Right on, just come out with it, if you like it, buy it, if not, move on…because it’s too late and your opinion (s) didn’t and don’t matter now! Love it!