Deterrence....presence....Q8

Strangely enough, I kinda got “swatted” not too long ago. I’m on the front stoop feeding one of the cats, just got home maybe 5min before. A PD SUV comes roaring up with lights flashing. I don’t pay it any mind, as the house across the street and down a ways sometimes has domestics, y’know? Next thing I know, the cat looks up and goes running off, and 2 unis come up to the stoop and ask, “Is everything all-right, sir?”.

“Uhhh, yeah, why wouldn’t it be?”

“We got a report of a loud violent argument, possible firearms involved(!!), and blah blah blah.”

“Uhhh, no, everything’s quiet here, no problems.”

One of the unis asks about XXX, mum’s name (which ain’t quite Mary Smith, so someone had to know it fully to send ’em this way). “Hey, she’s fine, was just in the kitchen cooking eggs or something.”

“Mind if we check in on her?”

“Hey, go crazy…”

So they check, she’s in disbelief wondering what nut calls in something like that.

So lessee, NYPD, domestic disturbance, “possible firearms involved”, adrenaline a-pumping… yeah, that can end well…

And about an hour later, I look outside to see if the cat came back and finished his meal, and there’s a bus from the nearby hospital parked where the copcar was. Of course…

Sure enough, a coupla minutes later, bell rings, knock on the window, I open the door with, “Sorry guys, hoax 911 call. PD was just here an hour or so ago.”

“Soooo, no children in the house needing medical attention?”

“Nope.”

“Are there any children in the house at all?”

“Not for 40something years.”

They got a chuckle out of that, I invited them in for coffee but no takers, and they took it in stride.

I was expecting FD to come by later that night, but nope, thankfully didn’t happen.

So yeah, no matter what the situation where PD’s involved, be verrrrrrry careful, don’t go for any wallet, flashlight, anything, certainly nothing black and/or shiny. Can’t go hit rewind if anything goes wrong. “Oops”, and you’re dead.

Not sure of the game laws where you are. In my state rabbits are considered a game animal. Hence hunting them is okay as long as they are in season and the amount of rabbits you harvest is within limits. Then depending on where you are in the state you have to abide by municipal laws when it comes to firearm discharge. Some areas allow bow hunting in residential areas if it is a certain distance away from a dwelling. Other places don’t allow any projectile hunting. Some places allow traps to be use and most rural counties, like I live in, are open to just about any type of hunting as long as you follow Department of Conservation rules.

If you find a way to help mitigate your rabbit problem just know that rabbits are delicious.

Nahh Son, catch them b arse wabbits and dump them in your snitch neighbors yard.

I use to hunt rabbits with a…22-250. Got bored of killing chucks at 500 yards and the rounds were expensive soooo…rabbit stew it was. Most of them were headless….lol

That was way back and my mother had no problem skinning and serving rabbit. My wife……I don’t think I have enough money to bribe her to cook the rabbit, never mind skinning it. I’ll have to wait for a zombie apocalypse for her to change……

As for now, I’m in the suburbs and I don’t think the pest laws apply. I bet the local courts wont even try to convict under any pest laws, simply charge with cruelty to animals. We are talking about cement cave dwellers, also know as apartment dwellers who are not right in the head when it comes to animals and eating them. Grocery store rabbits are fine, killing them to eat is….wabbit murder.

That’s funny right there. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. :slight_smile:

Well, at least make it a fair fight…

:smiling_imp: