Didn't evacuate as told ? Quit crying for help.

Sad story didn’t know the back story behind this. I would hold the government & her employment partially responsible for this. Just wondering where you guys getting this story? Was that the only house in the area? and why did she not just stay back at work? How the heck do they get blown out of a shut SUV unless the windows are broken? A time frame of the weather conditions would be nice too. Not to be racist or anything but at times some people really don’t’ want to share shelter in times of danger. I mean I’ve seen stories of just the same race denying each other bomb shelter room and the ones left outside just die. Can’t remember the movie but it’s based on the true story a couple get separated and the wife is in the shelter and there wasn’t enough room for the male so he died outside during world war II. Or sometimes it could be fear. I know some people would rather save their neck and not risk blowing their door down opening it to some stranger at 90+ mph winds.

We had power out here for a bit too, and I helped those in need in my community. I also donated a sizeable chunk of change to the Red Cross. I would encourage you to post up your donation receipts.

You don't know any more about that BS story than I do, only that the woman was in a mandatory evac zone. The rest of your post is you acting a fool.

I also don't consider 6'5" and 250 to be fat - I'm more of an athletic build, Mr. keyboard commando...

It sounds like you need to have a long talk with the little boy in the mirror.

This thread is not about blaming the millions of innocent victims. It is about those who would put first responders and their families in danger for selfish reasons, then blame others for the bad things that happen to them. Please indicate where race was mentioned outside of your post and hollow claims.

Unlike you, I didn't charge those who received lights from me a single dime.

I think a few people are taking it a bit too personal. I think Chicago X means is the SUPER idiots we often see in the movies. It’s times like these you realize who your friends and family are. Also for those who think they are so independent, realize what nature can do at times. Honestly I haven’t seen a minute of media displaying, “angry people who didn’t evacuate” etc… but I think the people of Hurricane Katrina and Sandy really mannered themselves.

Yea but were they worth hundreds of dollars and did you let them keep then?

Peace brothers

They were two Fenixes - a TK40 and TK45. These were the only suitable AA lights I had to give out, not wanting to saddle the elderly folk with Li-Ions.

If I get them back, fine - but I'm not holding my breath. You can't expect such things in times of emergency - or expect first responders to be carrying cash.

Im not angry. The entire premise of this thread is foul at best. It wouldn’t be me to
not to say something…

here’s one recount

Mr X - Your first post clearly articulates your sentiments.

6’5 250 lbs –1 for fat comment

And yes i charged the fireman $40 buck for an Apex and X6. If i didn’t take the $40 bucks he
threatened to not take either light…

Knock me all day long,Pull quotes out your ——

Your still the OP to this thread…

Thanks for the CNN link. I really enjoyed reading the thread then watching the video.

I know one thing for sure. I won’t be putting any first responders in danger by staying in an evac zone.

My camper is my bugout bag.

40lbs of propane, 10 gallons of gas, 1800W generator, propane furnace/stove/light, microwave, chem toilet, portable shower, 120V/12V cooler, 30 gallons of water.

GTFO dodge…

Someday I might extend the range of my truck w/ an additional fuel tank - ie right now, towing the camper, I’ve got a range of about 240 miles. I could add >400 miles w/ another tank (have to relocate the spare tire).

I just thought I’d add

+1

Couple keys to peace is to listen and confirm what we thought we heard before reacting. Then apply our frustration to those who actually deserve it instead of applying it to others.

Our church is preparing clothing, food, supplies we are contributing to. It's being taken to those on the south shore still suffering. For some reason the devastated areas aren't getting much air time here. These people are staying in their homes to protect them from looters who are literally tearing apart homes for the copper wiring and copper pipes. Since the national guard is blocking land access, the looters are coming into the neighborhoods by boat via the canals. The areas we know are in Lindenhurst and Copiague - these are generally lower income areas - old summer homes and bungalows long ago since converted to conventional homes, single story, small homes on small plots with pretty much everything lost. My wife is the church secretary and hears many first hand accounts from various volunteers - Girl Scouts, food pantries, etc. There are many good stories of relief efforts going on, also not very well reported on. Typical damage has been 3-5 foot of water damage - these are not waterfront homes, just regular neighborhoods with canals or the bay nearby.

Signs are up in some areas with sayings like - Looters Will Be Shot! A little extreme but makes the point. Hopefully they can tell the difference between, looters, gawkers, and volunteers helping...

Societys and communitys everywhere arent what they used tobe.The TV here says you all have Snow,ice and more bad stuff.Insult to injury.Stay safe.Keep up the great work.

DON…

DON…