Dino Direct issues

_the_ I just so desperately want someone else to agree with me :P.. ..(xiwareL20c)

Sorry ilikeflashlights i know you hate them ...clearly we all have reason to be peeved at them ..i am too ..but .a free 100$ light would make me less angry ..I just think the long delivery time isn't directly related to them. Quick shipping and decent packaging has been one of their strengths ... credit due where credits due .

Dear customers,
We do feel sorry about the delay of the shipping way. But we have tried our best about this. If you have any questions about the package. Please feel free to contact us by the following ways. I am sure we will give you an acceptable solution if it is our product problem.
Email: cs-center@dinodirect.com. Livehelp: 大龙网_跨境电商B2B商机平台_移动端跨境贸易新体验

Regards,
Dinodirect

WOW, its so crazy that I’m not the only one with problems with these people and this is my First order with them and last, I guess I will stick with DX never had an issue with them. DinoDirect CS I will send you an e-mail and see how long it will take for a reply and I did file with PP.

Thanks to Everyone for the help!

Yes, sir. Unless you receive wrong item, damaged, missed, etc items, postage service (in China or even your country) are to blame.

When you are close to 45days and have not received do the PP dispute. Maybe ask them first on chat if they can resolved.

Ive received DD items within 2 weeks to my door, so if you are at 45days thats outside of reasonable time, I think.

Thats a good objective point of view, I do understand that things can get lost with the volume coming from China.

On the other hand, just recently Ive ordered a lot of Ipad accessories from China (via Ebay) they ALL arrived within 2 weeks, every single item, so you cant always blame the post system.

Nice one! I laughed for about 2 minutes straight.

I’ve had about 4 oders with DD. My first one has failed to arrive. Day 44, I filed a dispute. They responded in a day and responded the next day to my follow up. That’s been 6 days ago now, nothing. Guess I’ll wait on paypal on the claim. I’ve placed another order with manafont for the same light. Atleast it will be a better version - 980L.

Ok your right.

Ok Dino-Direct, if you are listening and want to send me a free $100 light of my choice I will order from you again and forget the past.

Just let me know.

Brad

Why do they always send the wrong items?

Edit. Not always. I might have projected the wrong image. Good that there is a CS here besides Sunday. Welcome Dino direct CS Mgr.

We're very glad to have you here, Dinodirect CS manager!

The problem with all these companies is the post. Sometimes the companies will say they posted it and not post it until there is enough out going post. Then it's held at the post office until there is enough out going post to that country.

This all takes time or maybe they all just take their time.

This has always been an issue with buying lights from China and will always be an issue.

I think all will get the packages, some will get it very late.

Most of my 11 pending parcels from Dino were shipped on July.

This is ridiculous………. This delay has been almost as worst than the delay of 2010 Christmas

fran, my 2 pending orders were dispatched (marked "shipped") July 19th and 22nd. since i found the pre-ship photos and never experienced a case of lost DD shipments, i am not worried. my gungray E09 was dispatched July 17th and i received it August 23rd.

that package had for the very first time i've seen a post stamp (sticker) on it. it said "2012.08.12-15", which probably means August 12th.

in other words, it took almost 1 month (7-17 to 8-12!!!) for the envelope to get its stamp sticker.

since i used giftcards, i cant/wont file a Paypal dispute or claim 0:)

No hombre, I am not worried and I am not going to file a dispute, mostly because it has passed more than 45 days after the payment date.

I know that they are going to arrive, and I know that if after 60 days after shipping date they dont arrive, DD will isue a refund, a resend or a giftcard.

I am not worried…… I am………………………… desperated!!!

If that continues that way…. Voy a terminar matando a alguien!!! :open_mouth:

Just received WF-502B with XR-E LED.
Ok, ti took only 10days… But I ordered WF-502B with MC-E LED. :~

acabar por matar? ;)

It is a way of speaking, man, dont worry :bigsmile:

Amen :wink: