Disapointment about MF Trustfire F-15 XM-L

As JohnnyMac said.

In fact, with my C8 SMO reflector in the default position (seated normally on the head edge), the LED is positioned slightly below the bottom reflector lip. That produces a clean beam. If I raise the reflector, increasing the distance between reflector bottom and LED, rings appear.

i tried unscrewing to provide reflector in correct position but, couldn't get rid of "ring". i compared reflectors here:

from left to right, Trustfire Original OP reflector, C8 SMO, and Ultrafires reflector. As you can see bottom hole diameters are all different and i thought this could affect something. OP bottom diameter 10 mm, SMO' s 6.5 mm, Ultrafire's 5 mm. I thought both having xm-l t6, so i seperated Ultrafire's reflector sheet from it and stick at bottom of Trustfire's SMO to decrease its diameter to 5mm:

But, again ring. So, there is a final possibility, to increase hole diameter to 10 mm. Because, there is no ring with OP reflector. Thus, my friends should i use a drill? what is your opinion?

So, i think i should order another one :(

I would first check dimensions to see what's up.

Can you measure the depth (outer dimension) of each reflector (original OP and C8 SMO replacement) as I did in post #15, as well as the upper lip thicknesses (I get 1.7mm on both)?

Do both reflectors seat perfectly on the head edge, no gap?

If you unscrew the stainless steel collar from the head slightly, does the beam improve or worsen?

The F15 is worth a bit of effort if an unfortunate sample requires it.

Anyway, there had to be a reason for Manafont to quit F15 and replace it with the LumaPower MRV alternative.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/lumapower-mrv-xml-t6-3mode-memory-led-flashlight-118650-p-7246

Any feedback about the latter?

Most SMO reflectors show a ring (or tw0, or three) against a white wall. At least most of mine do.

Real world usage you don't notice it.