Disappointments

Biggest disappointment for me was the Nitecore D11 V2. There was a 1 in 10 chance that it would switch to low instead of turning off. I’ve had it drain batteries overnight, so the standby current must not always drop like it’s supposed to. The XP-G R5 was also too cool for my liking. I took it apart to swap out the LED with a Hi CRI 219 and that somehow almost completely fixed the off/low problem. It occasionally still happens, but not nearly as much as before.

I also have a couple of budget lights, like the UF G10 and KH-T60 which both arrived with their own issues. Ringing sound, flickering, stuff like that. They’re both cheap lights, so I didn’t expect much from them.

After seeing Match & Shadowww’s reply… I dont’ feel so bad anymore.

No real bummers yet. But I do have an issue with PWM…in that I can’t find a P60 dropin that is fully current regulated (NO PWM) and has 3 outputs at 1/10/100%. Once I find that dropin (with a few other requirements), I’ll be in ANTI-bummer heaven.
:party:

SKY RAY 9xT6 9xCREE XM-L T6 ,The light arrived poorly finished and some chipping on the extetion.I sorta was Pi…. at first,but thought i would give it a go.I dont know what was wrong with it once i put battries in.Lets just say In short it wouldnt do as it should,no where near as discribed and i was tonarked to be bothered checking it.I Was Gutted with finish and now the performance was rubbish.LUCKLY,I had bought from Ric @ Fancy Flashlights and hes swopped the misserable badly made item.Refunded me and paid with some shop credit for my return postage……
I would LUV to have one that works as it should,but wouldnt order another to go through that Total waste of time again.

DON…

crelant 7g5v2, and the collimator head. Not worth it for the money.
Get a skyray stl-v2 instead!

Ive looked at the 7G5V2 and the head many times.Its saved in my wish.Looks the buisness,but your advice seems a better option.

DON…

trustfire z8: well made but poor output