Discount on Flashlights in DD------Sept. Group Buy

Hey Summer why is that ??

I had a few things I was considering buying and the prices jumped up about 30%..whats that about ?

Tank007 TK566 TK568 Aluminum Alloy Flashlight Extension was 2.99 earlier today and now it's $4.69 cents ...that's almost a 40% jump in price

I'm in for an ITP SA1 and a Palight

Thanks.

Ok just did a raw measurement, it is 461 lux in the hotspot for OTR X5 and 680 lux for the STL-V6. However a ceiling bounce yielded 91 and 93 lux respectively so both are driven as hard as it can be (somewhat brighter than a 980L actually due to much better heatsinking). PS, I just tried a DRY CW 3-mode DD and it was 395 lux for the hotspot after a 20 seconds wait, but people are commenting that it can't throw LOL!

But the Palight could have pretty good PWM if its the same driver. It should be over 400Hz even at the lowest setting. Still can detect that but much better than 98% of the budget stuff out there which are hovering in the 200Hz range. STL-V6 is bad, prob 150Hz or so.

hello, thanks for all your support here. i will give out the coupon codes to you on September 20th, so please pay attention to this topic at that time. i will tell you how to place the orders.

Do not miss this chance!!

Bump :bigsmile:

i am sorry, it is Saturday, our product center is not working, i can give you an answer on Monday when they begin to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No prob, Sunny. Didn't know if you've seen my question or not :bigsmile: Bumped just in case.

Why would anyone want to support a business this awful.

Those DD group buys are a slap in the face of all those people who have been scammed...

Title of this thread says it all:

( I swear that it was not "photoshoped", but a true screen-capture. :p )

Original price: US$ 203.78

Price (50% off): US$ 101.89

A true bargain (EDIT: but a false discount that is considered as a fraude in France* as the original price is (intentionnally ?) put up to let you think that it is a great discount).

( * see here (google translation): http://tinyurl.com/6jfgef6 )

Every price on there is that ridiculous. They have an ITP A3 with an original price in the $80 range!

Heck of a deal on the V10A. Mine was about 20 more and took me a long time to bite. One of my most used lights around the house.

Didn't the first batch of V10A's have problems? I wonder if these are the ones that were returned? I think they flickered on lower levels using a 14500. I'm just trying to figure out what the catch is.

Yep, ok i'll do the PM and ask them to check first when the goods arrive (if they reject the DO, they don't pay the supplier, 1 cancelled groupbuy and offering a honest explanation is better than 40 angry people spreading anti-DD all over the world in forums). Nobody in his right mind would want to sell something short to 40 over people and then blow their reputation to smitherineens for future groupbuys.

From what i see, all the problematic V10A were recalled and returned, don't think Sunwayman would not put them out in the market (no reason why they would not collect back from the distributors/sellers). It's not like the regular budgetlight brands...

Problem is,

(1) i think in total nearly 200pcs of lights have gotten out there from prev groupbuys, shipping was pretty ok. The $8 cheap dino light as sample promotion wasn't that good.....but i guess some ordered other lights with that $8 coupon, which I have. My cheap $7.30 3 x AAA light which is not the one offered is still working and it is used regularly by my in-laws in Indonesia (lots of blackouts there), Heck if the light did not work so be it, it was just a test gift for as a promotion and to convince that goods can and do reach them. And i am sure there were > 100 pcs of UF-H2b out there, heck they didn't do any check just a coupon which everybody could use. And till now i am still reading like 20 requests asking for UF-H2b/UF-H3. There was a minor hiccup with the Fenix E21 but was fixed.

It's a pure and simple biz transaction. You do not see many buyers coming out to thank DD. I created a thread to report about the technicalities, that's it (as i usually would do).

(2) CNQG/HKE do not compete at the same level/pdt segment. People are not dumb. If i want to buy a $250-300 light like RRT-3 XM-L, i get it from HKE or if you can spare some cash, bugoutgearusa.

(3) Incidentally, maybe the main sourcing warehouse is not in HK, but the 3 pieces of stuff from the groupbuys/gift were all registered with HK Air post (not TOO bad...seriously stuff from XTAR HK and HKE are crazy fast)..... groupbuys are not the same as clicking a regular BUY NOW button.

(4) It's the bottomline bro! We are in BLF here, not CPF. People vote with their wallets. If the regular stores like batteryjunction/lightjunction/bugout/illumgear etc can do V10A for usd65 and offer free shipping, i can buy from there. This forum is not only about the USA but is pretty international. If you are a regular, some HK vendors can even more or less cover your return air mail cost should something go wrong (I have encountered that), not sure if there are some western stores doing that but from what i have seen, nope.

(10a) What i cannot understand is, the $8 light was provided absolutely free of charge plus covered shipping costs, but people still slammed DD in threads. In my country and i'd believe Taiwan/Japan and even Indonesia/Thailand/Vietnam/Philipines and many eastern countries, that'd have been considered to be extremely rude. The light did not explode. Of course if it did explode, Dino would have a very, very bad day.

Ok, more data. If you need 14500s (Sunwayman V10A), the TF Flames are good, 14500 got me 781mAh @1A discharge (that's 1.3C btw) and old4570 reported 795mAh. I hope nobody says that they are being conned, because on the wrapper it says 900mAh. $5.39/pr, you can ride on the free registered air mail in the groupbuy.

Doh, another 55$ going…
I’m in for a V10A.

Well said bro

2100 i really appreciate your input here and on CPF, you really are an asset to the community so don't take this personnaly but...

I think you missed the point entirely, i was not worried about you being scammed in those DD group buys (which are pr campaign), neither was i worried that the price you paid was too high or the quality of the items too low.

My point was not about your interest, it was the opposite, it was about ethics, since you started a comparison between the east and the west, i can tell you that in the west people buying from a known scammer because they are offered a good price are generally considered low-life.

Well, we do not deny some complaints on our store, and i do think there is complaint for each store from different customers.

And i have known from a customer friend that: if 10 customers got a bad customer service or goods, they will spread the bad information as far as they can reach; but for another 10 customers who are satisfied with the goods and the customers, only one or two will say it out. I do think this is really the truth.

We have some group buys here is just want to share more good deals with the members here, and let more customers have their own and real experience in our store .

In life we are given choices

If one thinks DD is a scam and chooses not touch them with a 10 ft pole then fine, you can also post that opinion here, no problem

but

If others think it is okay to deal with DD at this point, and take advantage of the group buy, that is ones choice too, and that is fine as well

In my humble opinion, DD knows how bad their service was and is now trying to make up for it.

Things change... even scammers