Do Not Buy Batteries From Buy-In-Coins

@SashiX
Yeah but for newer batches of TF 3000mAh people reported results same as for 2400mAh TF flames.
And these were from different places. So essentially its very difficult to get them, if possible at all, TF 3000mAh wich woudl be the same as first ones released.

Well I have had my fair share of ebay batteries that might test to the right voltage but either didn’t work like real ones and make your light go off after 15 min of use or not work at all. If I got a fake one, that to me itself tells me I’m not going to wait around to see if the others ones or real.

Might not be a fake, maybe just a dud battery. It happens. I buy AA Alkaline primaries in bulk, and every once in a while one is dead new from the packet. Without a multimeter it would cause me a lot of grief, we use them at church for the headset and cordless mics and an LED lamp on the pulpit.

I might buy that one had I not heard all the other folks complain about this guy doing this with the batteries he sells.

Benckie on here tried to tell me about this BIC guy, but I chose not to listen. No more batteries off ebay for me unless they are Hi-Max. I’m getting ready to place an order for 12 of them for $59 shipped if the seller agrees. That would be like $4.91 a battery. I tried $49 plus the $9 shipping and he counteroffered with $51. So I figured we might as well meet in the middle. I’ll see what he says. I know the Hi-Max are good batteries and are made by Samsung.

I think we have to be exceptionally careful condemning a seller outright for something like this. One dead battery in six may be luck of the draw. I’ve had the grey trustfires and they work better than all my others except the TFs and up to the namebrands (of course). A few are lesser capacity, but ordering batteries from a non-premium brand (as we all now know) is a gamble. It may not be BiC’s fault entirely (though they should test before sending).

They are selling what they have and may not know about it (though I could be wrong). They have quickly shipped items and refunded a percentage of transactions for any damage or for forgetting to include this, that, or the other in my experiences with them. You don’t often see that in Chinese sellers. In fact, it’s super rare.

I’m now uber-careful of where and what batteries I buy, but general items should be a safe bet from BiCs. At least that’s my experience. I noticed they don’t take too good of care when preparing items for shipping, but we can’t ask for too much in the budget realm, I’ve learned. I have a habit of leaving a note reminding all vendors to inspect extra carefully for damage before sending. I usually see a difference in items received.

Joe,

You could very well be right in that line of thinking. But I bet he more or less knows who they buy from and what they are getting and to expect. Too many people have received bad batteries from this seller.

Let me know how many Xtar or Hi-Max bad batteries you get even though they do cost more. The point is a dead cell pretty well tells me what benkie on here told me months ago about this seller and the batteries he tested that he got from him I believe. I should of listened. I now know better.

The old saying if it smells fishy then it probably is fishy.

Sashi - HKJ's test of the TF Flames were sourced from Manafont, not BIC. Just because they tested well from MF, there is no guarantee the ones from BIC will perform the same or that they are even real. Fake flames have been found at DX, DD and countless ebay sellers.

Just sayin'....