Do you expect chips on a light?

meh, chinese, never could understand that language :smiley:

…want a cookie? Chocolate “chip”! :smiley:

My browser doesn’t accept cookies. But I accept biscuits. Yum.

I’ve only had one light that came with significant damaged finish on the tailcap.

It was an 18650 size Yezl brand zoomie with an XML. The light has multiple problems and was a piece of junk:

(1) tailcap had a slot for a lanyard, but the aluminum was much too thin. It came out of the box crushed inward. I bent it back into position so at least it looked somewhat normal but it clearly was too thin to ever find a use holding a lanyard.

(2) The black finish had literally chipped off from that bent tailcap portion. It wasn’t like anodizing which wears or rubs. This stuff had actually chipped. I think it was some kind of black paint and not even anodizing.

(3) The zoom mechanism didn’t allow the lens to get remotely close to the focal point of the LED. Even in “spot” mod, you got a blurry floodbeam.

Needless to say, I don’t ever intend to buy Yezl again. I was very unimpressed with the quality.

I’d suggest you complain to the supplier. It is rubbish that a US supplier doesn’t understand how to ship a light safely or even worse, sends out damaged lights. Just my humble opinion.

Links to images of both tailcaps:

leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3143%20Tailcaps.jpg

Original:

leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3147%20Tailcap%201%20chips.jpg
leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3150%20Tailcap%201%20chip.jpg

Replacement:

leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3144%20Tailcap%202%20chips.jpg
leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3145%20Tailcap%202%20chip.jpg
leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3148%20Tailcap%202%20chips.jpg
leifgoodwin.co.uk_DSC3149%20Tailcap%202%20chips.jpg

The light was well wrapped, and I suspect they do not carefully examine every light, at first glance it looks fine, but there were quite a few small chips in the anodising.

To their credit SWM have admitted a QC fail on the caps, and they are sending a replacement. Whilst the chips should not have been there, they are very polite and responsive, and clearly take the warranty and customer happiness seriously. It is a sad truth but I have had far worse service from some UK companies.

O.T

Our company bankers are from London and when i have to talk with them its realy a pain( God bless its only several times a year), especialy 2 of them…… americans on the other hand are quite the opposite :wink:

The British people I work with are mostly very nice. The two East European women are rude and aggressive, very unpleasant and to be avoided. But I conclude that those two women are rude, not that all East Europeans are aggressive and rude.
I’ve met obnoxious Americans, and nice ones too, mostly the latter. Same with the British.
I’ve had mostly very good service from many British companies. But thus far I am impressed that SWM care about customer service, and respond with good manners.

Just to update, Sunwayman customer service supplied a defect free replacement tail cap. That is good service.