domasleo’s Old Lumens Contest Entry - Modded Category

Sorry for not updating in ages. I’ve finished the flashlight but I’ve just been busy. I should finish writing up my post within a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to share, this light is super fun!

We are looking fwd to the pics :sunglasses:

Nice find on the light . I like to “ modernize “ old lights . I melted one of that style , but it was plastic. Your build is looking good .

Just over 2 weeks to get those finishing pics up mate :sunglasses:

Bumping this post since I finally got around to finishing writing it up!

Great to see you managed to finish your flashlight, domasleo. :sunglasses:

Nice combination of old and new technology. Good looking fotos as well. The resolution is a little high for slow internet connections but I do like nice big fotos.

What kind of glass lens are you using? It looks very dark in the last picture. Is it some kind of reflection that makes the aluminium look like copper in some of your pictures?

The lens is just the stock plastic lens from the flashlight that I frosted with some matte clear spray paint. In the photo it only looks dark because of the lighting, it’s kind of in a shadow.

And the aluminum is colored a bit weirdly because of the lighting in the pics and the way I edited the pics.

PS. Just checked out your flashlight mod, great job! I love the way the Aux LEDs look! I hope to add aux LEDs to my light sometime in the future.