DQG Tiny III

Convincing another 8 people to buy it before you do.

Or convincing another 4 people to buy two of them. (That's my current plan) :)

But if enough people buy it, FF will refund the extra 2$ the first 20 people paid, won't they?

I still believe that we are not supposed to pay until the price is final. If we pay now, we might not get any refund.

@Ric: Would you please confirm this?

:) will get 2usd refund for those already paid if quantity up to the next level.

Ric

I think the ll is better looking than the lll. moving the knurling might have been smart but makes the light imho look very out of balance where the tiny ll looks great . ( the fact that it isn't as pretty might have killed this deal for me)

I also like the CQG s1 so well it's hard for me to think anything is twice$ as nice . the single mode on a tiny light is working for me ...2 maybe ..3 seems like serious overkill...If it was used as a necklace light I'd understand 2 modes still not 3

I picked up a few lithium primaries for cheap and decided to try one in the S1 ...WOW.. it makes the light much lighter ..and on a keychain light you may want to consider them if you can find them at the right price .

Ric, thanks for clarifying that.

Boaz, sometimes the low mode is too weak and the high mode is too strong, especially when illuminating something at close distance. I noticed that many times with my iTP A3, I indeed rarely use the medium mode but sometimes it's the only one that helps. (plus it is bright enough to sometimes replace the high mode with much longer run time)

so far this gb really isnt taking off imho

to my surprise frankly

and i bet the sales numbers are not meeting any of the responsibles expectations either

reminds me of 4sevens black friday sales were new customers were attracted to (30%+8%=) 38% price drops, were longing for the NW's and High CRI's (they were not discounted!) so bought lots of their discounted stuff with greenish tints (incl humble myself). 3 months later 4sevens offered those special runs with a 20% discount. during that special sales period David complained on cpf and cpfmp that sales for the NW's and High CRI's had been stagnating nonetheless. there were even more special sales later on (rebranding, Tax Day sale, a.o.) but one gets the impression (cpfmp feedback) that none of these special sales got anywhere close to the screaming success of the black friday sales which were the year 2011's sensation, and also the sensational 1st wave of the Preon P0 (because it was the only new 2012 flashlight model by 4sevens). 4sevens could have sold more of the NW's and High CRI's (which they put on offer anyway months later!!) if they had put them on offer at the right time, namely when people were about to become a 1st time customer: during black friday. now that i own a greenish Quark X, i dont intend to buy another Quark no matter if it's NW, High CRI or even 30% off. Yes, i am 100% convinced of well-priced quality lights such as ld01 and e09 so that i bought several copies of them but i cant see myself buying more than 1 Quark. And offering a Quark AA but not a Quark X AA?? that was a clever move too. Soooo many ppl (cpfmp, cpf user posts) had to buy the AA-body to finally get their Quark X AA: with 1x 14500 it beats the Quark X AA² in many ways.

If the Tiny III doesnt sell well since its market release, then i cant really explain it. Maybe it's the DQG AAA market saturation (I, II, III), or the hundreds(!) of folks who already bought multiple copies of the Preon P0 (15% off, Tax Day Sale, otherwise CPF8 code + FREE shipping). I dont doubt that the ~120 copies of the Tiny III will sell out during the next few months .. but let's agree that the current gb situation couldnt be called rush demand.

When price drops (hopefully!) i will reconsider buying my very first DQG lamp. otherwise i've already spent my pocket money on duplicate copies of the ld01 .. 30 months warranty, ld01+e01 for 32$ shipped. 32$ .. that's the same price of the DQG and therefore the better deal me thinks :O

Another part of the problem is that people don't understand how this group buy goes (e.g. "should I pay now or later?") and that the site was down a lot of the time of the group buy. (it is down now as well)

quantity up to 20 pieces in total now. We will refund 2usd to those who already paid.

It's the first group buy in FF, sorry for the trouble and inconvernience. We will do better next time.

Ric

Today i got my DQG III and it is DOA :-(

anybody any Idea how to fix the light?

I tried different batteries, Lubed the Threats, but nothing :(

I'm not an electronic expert, so please give simple tips, because it looks awsome and is sooo tiny ! :-)

is that 20 pieces for the R5 or R4 version?