DRY Group BUY from cnqualitygoods.com

I guess it's time to open a PAYPAL claim to ensure it's filed within the 45 day limit.

Still haven't received acknowledgement or confirmation of order

I still haven't received acknowledgement or confirmation from RIC of receipt of my January 8th payment sent through PAYPAL.

I have emailed RIC repeatedly using his paypal registered email but no response whatsoever. This is pretty disappointing.

Made payment on January 8th of $75.00 for BLF Group Buy 1x DRY 3x CREE XM-L T6, Neutral White, Driver type A.

No acknowledgement or response from seller after accepting my payment. I've emailed several times with no response from seller. No shipping notice, no tracking number, nothing.

I want the light if it can be shipped immediately. Otherwise a refund is requested.

-

我支付$ 75.001月8日为“BLF集团购买1X干3X大功率XM-L的T6,中性白,驱动器A型

接受我的付款后,卖家没有确认或响应。我通过电子邮件多次与卖家无响应。没有发货通知,没有跟踪号码,没有什么。

我想光,如果它可以立即发运。否则退款要求。

My old tracking number was reused too and still comes up as invalid or unknown. Seems to me we should have gotten new tracking numbers, not old rejected ones.

Hello varocketry

All DRY back orders had been shipped out. If my man did not send you the tracking number, please email to cnqualitygoods@hotmail.com . I dont check the paypal email often.

PM sent, please check!

Ric

hes ALIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

My DRY finally passed through the HK sorting facility today at 8:05am. Yay.

Mine too, it only took 26 days to get it going.

WOOT!!

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 09, 2012, 6:26 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Varocketry & Fightin14, did either of you get any further updates on your order status? Mine's been in NYC for the last several days with no further action in the USPS updates. Curious if you've heard anything.

Johnny, mine sat in NYC for almost 10 days before it moved to my local post office

I know…don’t remind me. I keep thinking of your wait. I ordered this damned light a month ago. I’ve always received my stuff from Ric in about 10 days total and since he reshipped it on 2/5 it’s been that long. Sitting in NYC now for 5 days and counting. I’m going bat-shite crazy waiting for this. Everyone else has theirs it seems and is no longer writing about them and here I sit still waiting.

It's like waiting to get the cool toy all my buddies have and by the time I get mine they have all moved on to the next thing and don't want to play with me. Argh!!! LOL!

Once you get it, don't rush in to turbo. Compare it to your other lights on DRY's low mode. Gradually step up a mode, and compare again. Rinse and repeat. By the time you get to high you'll be impressed.

Then, once you confirm high is brighter than anything LED based you have, switch to turbo.

I mean, do this *only* if you want the full DRY impact. ;)

Viktor

I got mine to the UK a few days ago. While I am very impressed, especially by the usability of the beam outside, the High mode seems just slightly less than the max on my Skyray '3800' 3x T6 and the Max/Turbo is only a tiny bit brighter than it, unnoticably so in practice, and max throw is almost exactly the same.

I'm not disappointed with the DRY, (I have tested on all types of cells btw) but am suddenly much more impressed with my fully regulated 3-mode Skyray, which handles heat great after it's homemade heatsinking mod and has been very reliable for me so far despite what others have experienced.

The DRY is much more usable on the lower modes however due to the higher frequency PWM, the runtime will be better too as it uses an extra battery (without much subjective size increase at all). The 30 second step-down from Turbo is a great feature, you can run on High for the majority of the time, switching up to Turbo for 30 second bursts just when you want that little extra reach/power, and it'll reset to the more sensible current draw mode automatically, no need to scroll through Low and Med modes just to get back to it. Better yet, once it's back to High, this process is repeatable as many times as you like, a very good feature which I'd underestimated until I actually got the light to try myself :)

Honestly I quit worrying about it when the Shipping number went active. I saw it in NYC and I saw were some said it was there for days and then just showed up. It will get here when it gets here now that I know it actually got sent. I still think I was lied to and that fact will not be forgotten of forgiven. All it takes with me is honesty. If you biffed the order, ran out of stock or, what the hell happened just tell me; don't bullshit me.

Hi RedForest...can you tell me which version you have, CW or NW? As great and bright as the SkyRay is (I love mine too) I would have thought the difference between it and the DRY would have been much greater.

Well my dry arrived today. Yay, but it is damaged. There are two substantial chips on the lens. I don't believe they happened in shipping because there was no other damage to the product and had this been a shipping issue it would have had to damage the exterior of the ring. Also it was on the inside parts of the lens and the chipped glass was just floating around in there. It appears that it may have been over tightened or there was something in between the ring/cap and the glass when it was tightened down. Wonder how this is going to pan out. Don't fail me RIC, please don't fail me.

Oh man! That sux! I’m sure Ric will make good. Hopefully all he has to do is ship out a lens. If you remove the bezel, is the o-ring there and are there any machining burrs on the edge the glass sits that might have caused the chips?

OTOH, you lucky bastage! You got yours already. Out of curiousity, what was the tracking status the last time you looked when you got it? Did it say it was still in NYC up until it arrived?

STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME

RTxxxxxxxxxHK

February 09, 2012, 6:26 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Registered Mail

February 08, 2012, 8:05 am

HONG KONG, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

February 03, 2012, 4:54 pm

HONG KONG

It will give you an excuse to replace the glass with high transmision glass. (don’t remember exactly what it was called) I read somewhere it would increase the OTF lumens. Sorry again about the bad luck.

Ric responded very quickly to the Email letting me know that he would be sending me a replacment. thumbs up on that.