DX reoffer - UltraFire V6-T60 XM-LT6 3-Mode 975-Lumen - $18.99 (was $24.4)

Yes, incredible improvement, I received mine already today !

Unfortunately...... (see the next post)

Hi Viktori: Can you please tell/show me how to do this? I can only open the cap to put battery. I might have the erratic problem you mentioned or I might have a DOA here !

Thanks in advance.

You recieved yours already???

Did you order this light when it was on the deal?

When did you order and where do you live..??

Just wanna find ETA o' my order :)

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised too. It was during the deal when I saw the post here (Thanks). I ordered on May 17. Received on May 29. 12 Days, not Bad, DX. FYI, I'm from Malaysia (May be because it's in Asia too?)

For ETA, you can also use the tracking number to go to China Post, it's quite helpful. Once your item leaves China/or enters your country, it should be close Good Luck

Hey thnx for the reply…
Well the ETA they have given is 26th june
:frowning:
Well am in India… Technically we are almost the same distance…
But diffrent customs :frowning:
Well china tracking shows beijing international… Hope its in india now… But the batteries got dispatched just today…lol

Don't worry. I'm in no better position than u, my friend. I may have my light, my batteries are here too, but I just confirmed I have a D.O.A item !!!

Jin and all, here are some pics of the switch.

The plastic spacer is directly between the switch (green) and aluminum part with threads inside and out. It's not on the pictures, because I have no idea where it is.

Once removed, my switch became reliable.

Let me know if you need more details, and good luck!

Viktor

Jin- Ur sure its “DOA”??
Viktori mite be able to help you. Guy’s a flashwiki :P…
I hope all o that lot is not dead…
W8in 4 nw

Thanks for your help & photos, Viktor. The plastic spacer is the one in black color, right?! There is also a piece of copper (I think) ring inside it, I put that back. Anyway, I've tried everything, confirmed it's D.O.A

For the benefit of other members who are interested, I also came across this advise on removing the torch parts from a moderator @ DX (Cyclist) here: http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-209~threadid.801009

I am little disapointed with it. Driver is madness - measured ~3.5A high, ~1.8 mid.

LED star is 14mm, harder to get one in neutral.

Mine came in today, 3 mode, works as expected out of the box.

By default it's turbo and high, as I've previously reported.

Here is a pic of the black spacer I removed to fix the occasional switch flicker on my first sample.

There is plenty of info about troubleshooting a flashlight on this forum, and that link Jin posted is nice too. If you have a DMM (and know how to use it) it helps as well.

Good luck!

Viktor

Lucky blokes…
M still w8in for it…
Damn snailmail

DX is reoffering the light, have updated the link in OP.

Yea they just reposted the deal and it is LIVE..

Guess they pre ordered this model in truck loads...

The new offer is for 5 mode. Get it while it's hot. :)

Does anybody own both this and the Ultrafire 2100?

If so what makes this one better since the UF-2100 is so much cheaper?

They both need a driver swap as far as I am concerned and the Solarforce clip fits on the 2100 does any one know if it fits this?

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020108

My UF-2100 from DD is on the way, I'll post comparison once it arrives.

Finally mine arrived today, I got the high/low/slow strobe version, nice body, deep reflector, there is an insulating washer between emitter and reflector, pill screws in the main body (could use maybe some thermal paste), most likely I will do a driver replacement with better modes. Will try it at night for throw.

Cons: driver has a blob of soldering iron instead of a spring, tailcap spring is not centered. These things will be easily fixed/modded though…

Well yeah
Finally got mine on 7th of this month…
Approx 16 days which is not bad at all…!!
Well the light looks exactly like the c6 pill they have put up for sale for 7.99 now…
IDK whether its an alive or dead flashlight… Still waiting for the 18650’s to crashland…
About crashlanding, the package the torch came in was not that great.
Looked like it got crushed coz the cardboard box was in a “squished” shape…
And 70% of the bubbles in the wrap glued in the envelope were deflated…
Well for Aluminium “Machined” articles i don think it would matter much…
But for other articles shock on impact by being thrown around mite damage them…

Hey and Jin… what did you do about the D.O.A you got??
Really horrible if u get a D.O.A after waiting this long….

Hmm. Have had mine since Jan 2012. Never dropped/damaged. Rotated between Orbtronic 3100s and AW IMR 18650s. It stopped working yesterday. Took off tail cap and ran a lead from - end of battery to the body, nothing. Batteries are all fine. Driver/LED issue? I’ve contacted the seller to see if any warranty exists. This is my 2nd xxxFire light to stop working in less than 1 yr. Sigh…