DX80 vs Olight x9r

You don’t have to cycle… hmm let me see I have it right here let me check… correction you do… but you have to do that on a lot of other flashlights to and they don’t tell you the lumen count…

it also takes microseconds…

And to make things worse, the cycle time on the X9R is actually a bit slow.

It takes 4.00 seconds to cycle through from the lowest to the highest setting.

Really doesn’t feel that slow to me… just double click to get to turbo … turn it off and you start from the bottom…. and can cycle up with the DX80 you can’t do that…

I do like the battery indicator of the Olight lets you know where your at;… just an awesome light…

It’s actually a tad longer than the BLF GT

Don’t know why you would buy the TN42 unless you like the beamshot…

I read so much about it that I thought it might be a nice addition to my collection. If it is possible to put a XHP70 in it, it might

be a nice light for me. If not, amazon already confirmed they would take it back if I paid $9.00 for shipping which is fine. Still

thinking about it.

If you’ve already got the MF02 than yeh I’d return the TN42.

don’t know how much you paid for it but I know what I’d be doing…

$229 CAD but I'm pretty sure I'll give it back. Just tested it again against the MF02 and I still like the MF02 better.

Did you know Skylumen offered the MF02 with a 70.2 conversion? I’m sure it was cheaper than the stock TN42 as well. I think around $165 USD. I don’t currently see it on his website so you might have to ask him about it. He used the identical Mateminco MT35 as the host.

just save your money for the Olight x9r for flood light….

I think Olight does good job on heat control.
X9r is well-build and comfortable in your hand at turbo mode
I read user manual and see Heat and Battery level will determine what is highest level of turbo brightness

yeah sounds about right… its mainly a temp thing with my experience… if you cycle in and out you can use turbo for quite sometime