Ebay/Aliexpress 65W HID vs Fenix TK70 (new 75W model available now)

No...the price last time and now are both the same.

2100, In the first picture there are two hid, lights. Which is the 65 watt, the one on the left or right? I bought the one in the left and the tk70 spanked it at lighting up a tree 16 meters away. I wonder if I got the wrong light.

You need to focus it. Hopefully you got a good copy that can "more or less" focus it, that is good enough. I read that there is a minority who say that it cannot be focused, well sometimes it's the user who does not know how to focus it at first glance coz it's really not that easy to gauge. But there is a different after you play with it for some time. Scheven_architect did say he was unimpressed at first and he did "try" focussing it, but after really focusing it good (even without a light meter) this HID light spanked all his other LED lights.

You should do a ceiling bounce, the HID should be quite visibly brighter....maybe not a lot, but it's visible.

You got the correct light, it's the one on the left (mine is the 65W copy). Yours is 75W or 85W?

Like 2100 said my first impression was a depression, but after some tweaking i managed to focus the light. It doesn't really matter on my light to have a very specific setting but about 1/3 of the total possible rotation of the head will give a similar amount of throw. At a wall at around 50 feet you will notice easily if the light is focused, you will also see that you can focus it really really tight but that won't really make any difference in throw compared to a setting where you have a tight but broader beam (thus more flood) but about same amount of throw.

this is what my 85w is capable off.

Thanks for the info. I bought one on Ebay with no case. I bought a 75 watt. Mine focuses best somewhere around the middle. At 10 feet it is as bright as the tk70 at the hit spot but has more spill. At 50 feet the tk70 still lights up an entire tree. The 75 watt dimly lights a small section of the tree. Maybe I will try one from ali... Thanks for the info

Hey Scrappy, i'd advise not to get another one. Seriously they are all "around the same". Did you do the ceiling bounce? The 75W should be quite a bit brighter than your TK70. We'll need to determine the output first, and see if the ballast is a dud.