Electric shavers

Surely I’m not the only one here using straight razors.

It’s easier to shave after a shower but my bathroom mirror is fogged up after a shower so I do it before. Electric razors don’t shave as closely for me but it’s especially the coarser hair on the chin that they have trouble with.

I don’t like bleeding after each shave. :slight_smile: Electric followed up with safety razor takes care of this.

I’m guessing that some people just have finer hair and others have less angular faces that are easier to shave (and maybe some are just less picky) :slight_smile:

Yeah I hear you. When I used electric shavers I had the knives and foil changed every 12 months. Turns out that when they get dull they produce more and more heat up to the point where it hurts.

Then I tried straight razor for a few years and thats really nice except for the inherent danger and you really need to prep your face before shaving.

Boaz, I use the Braun as well. I found a recipe on the internet that’s probably so close to the Braun cartridge that you couldn’t tell the difference. When the indicator light says the solution is low, I dump the remaning sludge out and pour a very generous amount of Dawn or Ajax dish soap and rinse with hot water until you can’t see any beard/whisker dust and the water is clear. I let the cartridge dry in the sun to make sure all water is gone.

The recipe for the solution is approximately 2/3 cup of denatured alcohol, 1/2 teaspoon of sewing machine oil and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract. You can buy the alcohol by the gallon at Home Depot, Lowe’s, paint stores, Wal Mart, etc.