Elon Musk shows how safe 21700's are by smoking one

Here’s the interview: Joe Rogan Experience #1169 - Elon Musk - YouTube

He’s smoking a blunt, not a joint. Blunts are what the pot-heads smoke these days.

That’s pretty awesome… :laughing:

I respectfully disagree.

Obese and overweight people are more likely to injure themselves and others in the workplace (due to clumsiness and lower agility).
Overweight drivers are more likely to cause accidents.
Obese police officers are more likely to shoot a fleeing suspect rather than pursue on foot.
Obese people take up hospital beds and finite resources in the healthcare system, directly contributing to the deaths of many other patients.

Furthermore, 1 in 3 Americans are obese; 2 in 3 are overweight. Even if you think it is less harmful to society for 1 individual to be overweight than 1 individual to be a pot smoker, by the numbers you cannot deny that obesesity is a far greater scourge since it is so widespread. And yet you are not proposing to ban cheeseburgers.

First you can not compare a pot smoker to an alcoholic or drug addict!! Pot is a much less harmful and LESS impairing drug. It actually has some benefits.

I am glad I am not obese. I would be totally offended how you classify them and hold them responsible for all those travesties. Do you have statistics for all the supposed havoc these obese people cause?!

You can not compare the devastation alcoholics and drug addicts do to themselves and the ones around them. And it is NOT always physical consequences.

The ONLY thing I will agree with is that there are more Obese people in the USA[And world] than there are Alcoholics and drug addicts.

Obesity is a problem,but a whole different problem and in a different category than Alcoholism and drug addiction.

P.S. What is up w/ your avatar? Are you in ISIS or something?

+1 again.

Smoking cigarettes have been proven to be more dangerous to mental and physical health than pot.

Also, I personally think that obesity is a way bigger problem in the US however.

Now i wish I was high ...maybe I'll just go grab another snack ..

Anybody want McDonalds ?

It was not me who made the comparison. It was the previously quoted poster, I was merely replying.

Most of it is common sense. Everybody knows that obesity is unhealthy, lowers IQ, makes one incompetent, less agile, a lazier worker etc. Imagine if 1/3 of the men who landed on Normandy Beach were obese (like 350lbs and riding around on mobility scooters). Probably you would be speaking German, they could not climb the cliffs.

However my intent was not to offend fat people, it was to point out the hypocrisy of his anti-drug and anti-alcohol stance. If you are in favour of dictating what people put in their own bodies…then you should think this stance through to its logical conclusion. Maybe some vices which you enjoy will become outlawed. Personally I think if someone wants to eat a cheeseburger or smoke a blunt it is none of my business.

It is a mall ninja….a joke which arose from a discussion

“Beer leads to heroin, that’s a fact. In fact, mother’s milk leads to everything,” George Carlin R.I.P

There you have it.
I once read a study that concluded if you eat right, worked out, stayed off the booze, you would live an average of 6 months longer.
Eff the 6 months at the end, pass the Steak sauce and another Beer !

And another thing, you get cancer and they give you Chemo, you will wish your lucky stars that you have some fat to pull from because that “medicine” will kill you quick if you are too lean.
Chemo is like killing a mosquito with a hand grenade.
Some day they will figure it out and say “What the hell were we thinking?”

Later,
Keith

@ varbos

My last comment on this.

What you keep missing and fail to understand is that Alcoholics and Drug addicts have a domino effect in a negative way MUCH MORE detrimental than obese people. To a much greater degree Obese people affect “their” lives while Alcoholics and Drug addicts can affect so many lives, some permanent and most long lasting.

You keep giving examples of how obese people are not agile, fail at this because of that, lazier ect.

One example that you have used which is really inconsequential and has no bearing on affecting millions of people like Alcoholism and drug addiction,that is,There are no facts, credibility and statistics of an obese police officer causing devastation to society!!! Your other examples are minimal in comparison to the known and proven facts of Drugs and alcohol in our society. :wink:

EDIT: You talk about irony, sadness and devastation,

I just took Capo out and my neighbor who is about 65[just moved here] was walking around aimlessly mumbling. There were Two cops with flashlights tracking him down. His vehicle was smashed and so was he. The Cops told me he just killed a pedestrian and another one in critical condition. that is the devastation of Alcohol[ism] .

It was a hit and run. He probably did not even know he hit them because he was so f, upped,can food do that?

“Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This is one death every 50 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.”

That is just one facet of the disease,you have to be insane to think that obesity affects more innocent people and causes more devastation than alcoholism and drug addiction.

If you want to know even MORE facts,check the link below.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

Wow….has this thread become a buzz kill.

Edit: Thanks Boaz for the Jim Gaffigan clip

Great point yet ignored. Yours is similar to another post here concerning promising careers lost or critical jobs not being filled due to the same reason (drug testing). Simply yanking security clearances for a whole host of good reasons (Trump just illustrated the long time apathy of the American people in caring about this with similar ‘untouchables’) would have saved this country a whole lot of grief and lost treasure for a long time now.

Let’s hope that someone else brings this up and soon whether anything is ultimately done about it or not. How can this country ever again use this well known fact to hold others to the same necessary standard?

Our kids have no idea what is right or wrong anymore as they have little to look up to in the public eye. Teaching them that they can smoke pot publicly and then hit the pad/push the launch button is well beyond anything that I would have ever imagined occurring in my lifetime.

Here’s a front page news article (front page now) about obesity.