Emisar D18 introduction

bonjour

je viens de m'inscrire enfin sur votre beau forum que je consulte depuis des années.Je viens moi aussi de commander la emisar d18 en neutral white et 5000 k ss20.Je possede deja la ds1;la d4s hpl et la d4s hd

j ai beaucoup de lampes mais les emisar sont vraiment top.Je vais revendre l astrolux mf01

Bonjour Claude, bienvenue sur BLF.
Je te suggère d’utiliser google traduction pour poster en Anglais, car il y a peu de Francophone ici :slight_smile:

Hi Claude and welcome on BLF.
I suggest you to use google translator to post in English language, because there are not many French speakers here :slight_smile:

it look so, a bit too short imo a very drastic drop to sustained lumens it seems. but im not suprised really, handling around 10-14k lumens more then a min or two needs a very beefy and heavy heatsinking really.

No magic going on with this light unfortunately, physics applies!

Is there gonna be a XPL Hi 5000K version?

I am fine for the short turbo time considering its smaller size.

Thanks for posting these runtime output graphs!
Do you happen to have the same for an M43 that you could integrate into the same chart for comparison purposes?

I only have such a graph, I do not remember where I come from. That’s why I ask the author for forgiveness for sharing without asking :slight_smile:

100% will be 7300 lumens, so some 3000 is lumens is flat.

Imo 30 seconds of runtime is plenty given the primary goal of the light appears to be size. It’s pretty clear from Hanks posts he was trying to beat the meteor overall in both output and size.

The meteor is the smallest pop can light I’ve seen next to the ROT66. Quality & output of the D18 crushes the ROT66 and it beats the Meteor on output.

The real competitor is the MF01S but it’s so much larger it’ll never nicely fit in a pocket. The D18 is definitely jeans/cargo pocketable which is amazing!

The size imo is definitely worth the trade off in runtime

Maybe if you wear clown pants. :slight_smile:

Even a much smaller D4S doesn’t fit in the pocket of my jeans without feeling very awkward.

eh lol fit the d18 in jeans? thats hardly possible with my d4s… must be some super size jeans then…

Thanks Hank! Order has been placed!

How do you decide what colors you want to make lights?

lol,

maybe just me then. I was a smoker all my life turned vaper

EDC:
wallet
car keys
lighter
smokes (now a dual 18650 vape)
plus sized cellphone
Olight S1R
Leatherman Charge +

I’m so used to carrying so much crap, a 3x 18650 light is no problem!

Must be #90s JNCO jeans lol

What is the maximum temperature you can set in Anduril Toykeeper?

Thanks for sharing, had not seen this runtime graph before.
Interesting to see that if one is interested in long time sustained high output, the M43 is still the better option.

It will be interesting to see how the beam profiles from the D18 and M43 compare.
D18 is the better choice for size, peak turn on lumens, and UI.
M43 with its more efficient driver puts up a good fight given that it has 6 less emitters, and still capable of sustaining a higher regulated output over the D18 based on the charts above.

70°C

The D18 is about 1 cm wider than the ROT66. The ROT66 definitely is not pants-pocketable except for those with clown pants.

Still this light should be jacket pocketable.

So it has a setable range of 30°C - 70°C?

I was curious and I did find some code in “fsm-adc.h” that has the ceiling set to 70. So that seems correct unless you compile your own.

Technically 31°C-70°C, since you can’t input zero clicks, but yeah.