Emisar D18 introduction

You can remove the protection, the ring (red) and the disc in the middle yourself. Then you can use batteries with a flat top. I did so with Noctigon M43 and Emisar D18.

You still need a battery where the positive end sticks up above the wrapper.

Most flat ones really stand out a bit. 30Q and HG2 work for me.

That Lexel aux board looks nice.

I assume it replaces the black surround just below the lens. My guess is soldered on the bottom with the LEDs on the top right next to the glass.

Pretty much as I envisioned, but I suspect you not only had a head start but the skills to execute as well.

There’s such a thing as downward-firing LEDs after all?

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

If you can find leds with ends like a resistor/capacitor you could solder them sideways and upside down.

Yes, they are made.

Looking at it again, it seems indeed the aux leds are going to shine outward through holes. I wonder how it will look like… Same as the original black layer with blue and cyan light dots on the inside and outside perimeter? Not the D4S glow through probably.

Any picture?

I read it, and now I’m really confused.
I wanted to buy a version of XP-L HI …
But I relied on a more serious difference with the SST20.
What do you think about that ? Do you recommend purchasing a version of XP-L HI?

Not sure why this XPL one did not perform as expected… Bin, tint? Or there might be a bottleneck that prevents higher wattage?
Keep in mind this light is rather small - smaller then a Q8, and is unlikely to be able to sustain this much output without heating up very quickly. 10K lumens seems already like a stretch considering the size.

The SST-20 is more efficient on low power modes.

And with 18 LEDs, that current is spread out, so actually, the SST-20 65CRI version is more efficient.

I’ve ordered XPLHI 6500k , if they are as nice as my D4 & D4s then I’ll be very happy.

Just wanted to say, I LOVE my D18. Anduril is a revelation (mad props TK). Love love love this little gold light. Hank is genius/master craftsmen. Lives up to the hype, just super impressed. New fave. Hope he keeps upping the game.

So reading the recent comments does this mean that the D18 will have aux lights included in the future, or is that a special mod?

Zombie survival kit - blind em, shoot em, if out of bullets, 2nd option shown

They’ll never know what hit ’em!

Also, I’ve been to the Eagle and Child. Talk about kismet.

i bought like a month ago a sp36 (regular version) for having my first “soda can style” flashlight and havent in my hands yet. Now i will like to get this emisar d18. Do they even compare in brigthness and candela? or they are two completly worlds apart?

That’s what I like to hear. :slight_smile:

SP36 is taller, narrower, and much more throwy. Also heats up less so it stays up at high levels longer. Has a built-in charger. Costs significantly less.

D18 is smaller overall, makes a lot more light, comes in much better tints, has a much nicer-looking beam, and is generally higher quality. Also more mod-friendly.

They’re both good; it just depends on what you’re looking for.

Thanks TK, you gave me an idea of the differences and usages. I will have to pick either sell the sp36 and get this d18 or keep it and dont buy the d18. If it was your very first “soda can” and dont have more than a zebralight sc63 and a olight s2 baton, which would you choose?