Emisar D1s or GT mini -Help me decide.

Tiny “pencil” beams are not the best choice for anything really.
Practicality wise. Apart from the 8% of us that like such.

Those C8’s are perfect examples why.
Nothing. With a tiny blob miles away. Or
a not so bright, not so far. not so tiny blob,
BUT, you can see to walk there.

Personal choice.
My Imalent DN 35 or 70. Every day of the week.
Or a modern late model Sofurn C8.

Depends on where you live… I’ve been on property out in the Dakotas and Iowa where you could see miles in almost any direction. I would definitely want a very throwy light available all the time out there, especially with how many coyotes they can get in some areas.

If you’re illuminating something 100+ meters away that “pencil” beam becomes a large, usable hotspot pretty quickly.

I do like the beam profile of the C8-sized light with a larger and domed emitter most of the time here though. I’d sacrifice some throw for a wider beam. Some removable DC Fix/window film on the lens can do something similar and be removable when you need the range though too which is always nice.

And unless you want an überbright beam’s spill washing out the immediate area in front of you (and killing your ability to see what’s so far away in the beam’s hotspot), the lack of spill from a zoomie can come in quite handy.

Both are wonderful lights, built extremely well with killer smooth ramping UIs. To the end user I would say these are about an even match, I would get whichever one suits your need the best. I went with the BLF GT Mini, due to I liked the button backlight and liking that I can check battery voltage. Also with the great deals on the GT Mini it is usually cheaper also.

This is the exact reason I’ve actually been looking into building a zoomie or waiting till LEP light prices drop significantly. There’s something to be said for sending light ONLY where you need it.

I take it you didn’t get in on the Cometa Craze?

Still can get a Jaxman Z1…

Even being a zoomie, a nominal 1300 lemons down to 400 or so downfield when zoomed is a lot of light on a target.

I went for a late night walk around the lake with my new GT Mini and discovered just how handy that dim green glowing button can be. My previous walking light did not have that and it really helps.

I think the GT will be my choice ,that indicator light /button seems like a very nice addition feature to have .

You should receive it in time for next Christmas… :smiley:

Post #15 is the reality of it all answer .

Yes, considering Christmas is like 2 weeks away .

The D1S just looks ugly to me, The GT-mini looks nice.
I may just fall for the D1S+ with White Flat led one of these days, but that does not make the design any nicer :frowning:

gt mini looks alot better and i like the lighted switch and that it looks like a mini gt clone but if looks not important emisar is good also, yes the emisar maybe has better reflector but when u actually use any light doubt u will see much if any difference at distance…

I think some people are unaware of the fact that the D1s will blink out battery status & temperature.