Emisar D3AA is available now

All the KR1 order will be shipped within this week.

Great news thank you Hank!

Is a review sample going out to maukka or toykeeper?

I wonder how a sliced Samsing LH351D would perform in the KR1.

I definitely wouldn’t complain about getting one, but I’m not expecting one. I still haven’t finished the KR4 review yet…

The D1 in 18350 form is one of my favorites though, so I’ve been looking at a shorty KR1 too. It really punches above its weight, so to speak. It’s small, but throws as well as much bigger lights.

Bet it would be nice to get a finished light for once instead of a prototype!

I like the D1 but mine makes an ugly beam (ringy). I have the stock XPL-HI 5D in there and it’s terribly green. I’ve tried different emitters, which I know aren’t green in my other reflector lights, but same thing. The lens looks ok so I don’t think it’s that. The only conclusion I have is the reflector is somehow doing it. So I bought a different reflector but it didn’t fit :person_facepalming: Been meaning to look for another but never got round to it and ended up playing with other lights.

I don’t have a shorty tube for my D1 but it’s plenty short enough for me. I did end up buying a clip for it though to use as an anti-roll and because it’s so damn slippery!

Not necessarily.

Yes.
Example:

Has basically no drawbacks and as long as you know how to operate a scredriver, you can swap LEDs.

No driver, no price? No drawbacks? Hhmm... Not much info to go on here. Interesting though for what it is.

Beautiful light. Piece of art.

Was there an announcement for crenelated SS bezels??? I’m so in for one for KR4 and KR1 and if the K1 can get one, in for that as well.

It uses QTC instead of a driver and it’s not for sale yet.

No announcement, only requests. (I think)

I didn’t mean to start any rumors; no - only requests for crenelated SS bezels.

I liked my KR4 in SST-20 FA3 so much I ordered another D4v2 with that LED. However, when it arrived the blue aux LED does not work. Hank advised me to apply some solder to the edge of the appropriate resistor. I am not a modder but I borrowed an iron and made an attempt, to no avail.

By chance is anyone with some soldering/modding skills inclined to assist with this? I can gladly pay for your efforts.

Sorry if this is not a good place to ask, but it is an Emisar product and Hank is aware of the situation, he advised me to ask for assistance.

W2 (Osram CSLPM1.TG): 1300lm, Lux: 100Kcd (100,000cd)

XP-L HI 6500K/5000K/4000K: 1300lm, Lux: 45Kcd (45,000cd)

The XPL Hi… will be a wider beam? how floody compared to the KR4?

If I want to ‘compliment’ the KR4, do I go 180 and stick with W1/W2?

IE , flood monster KR4 and throw monster KR1?

W2 seems to perform the most balanced in terms of output and throw, 100kcd is far from being a throw monster but still impressive for the size.

The amount of floodiness or throwiness can be calculated from those numbers, since it’s measured in cd/lm:

• K1 W1: 650 kcd / 900 lm = 722 cd/lm
  • K1 W2: 550 kcd / 1400 lm = 392 cd/lm
  • K1 XHP35 HI: 290 kcd / 2000 lm = 145 cd/lm
  • KR1 W1: 110 kcd / 900 lm = 122 cd/lm
  • D1S: 130 kcd / 1300 lm = 100 cd/lm
  • K1 SBT90.2: 420 kcd / 4500 lm = 93 cd/lm
  • KR1 W2: 100 kcd / 1300 lm = 77 cd/lm
  • KR1 XP-L HI: 45 kcd / 1300 lm = 34 cd/lm
  • D4Sv2 XP-L HI: 45 kcd / 4300 lm = 10.5 cd/lm
  • KR4 / D4v2 XP-L HI: ~20 kcd / 4300 lm = 4.7 cd/lm

Out of all these, I find the D4S has the most versatile general-purpose beam, usable both indoors and outdoors. But it’s also nice to have a flooder and a thrower, like a D4 (or KR4) and whichever thrower fits your pocket and your budget. I think the KR1 will be nice with an extra-throwy LED.

I have a D4V2 with 3000K SST-20. At first I wasn’t sure I’d made a good choice because of reports that it could turn on easily in the pocket. But once I got used to locking it out (4 clicks) for pocket carry and unlocking it when I take it out of the pocket (now second nature), this light became my favorite ‘evening walk’ illuminator. Why? Because it’s so small and lightweight, yet it pumps out lumens worthy of car headlights when I want to see or be seen (by oncoming vehicles on city streets without sidewalks). I think the KR4 is fairly similar (just a bit bigger) in dimensions and output, and the biggest difference is it has a tail switch instead of side switch.

For comparison, I also have a K1 with 90.2 and I really like it, but it’s not a light I’d want to carry in my hand for a half hour, nor is the tiny spot as useful for illuminating the pavement where I’m stepping. Throwers are great fun, but flooders are eminently practical IMO.

This was post #1180 [This thread] on May 17th for K1 SBT90.Rusty lives in Houston,TX.

Are you still waiting like I am? 2 weeks in Illinois?

Mine is 100 miles away for the last 7 days. I am starting to get impatient again. 12 days in LA and now this.

Venting is good! Now I will return to my Patient mindset.

P.S. I know the K1 SBT90 seems distant and obsolete now. I guess that is what happens when you have numerous lights listed in each thread. The present one[KR1] seems to take precedence.Still not totally clear on the reason for multiple lights in One thread? Forum rules? To me it complicates things instead of simplifying them. You have to scramble for where your particular light is within the thread, easily getting lost as the thread grows and changes.

Mine is stuck in Avenel, NJ now since May 26th - same thing, after 12 days in LAX. On May 27th it said "Tendered For Delivery", but USPS is still awaiting for the package. Sounds like that handoff to USPS never happened, but who knows - might come home today and it will be there.

Same here. Arrived in Avenel, NJ on May 26th, tendered to PO on May 27th. My local PO still waiting for package[been in Pre shipment for 6 plus days.]

Called P.O. and told me what I expected. All carrier Companies are overwhelmed. I thought after the 12 day delay in LA it would be a piece of cake once it reached the East coast. Wrong again,they are obviously experiencing the same Nation[world] wide issues.

EDIT: One other thing the post man told me. For several weeks now they are busier than they are at Christmas time.