Emisar D4S review

Very intermittent problem with D4S. Light will get stuck in a low level flicker. I think it is also kind of flashing on and off also.

This has only happened 3 or 4 times. Sorry can’t give better details. It’s only happened when I really needed light and a quit twist of tail cap fixes the problem so I did not look at flashes but for a second.

Like I said it’s very intermittent and not even enough of a problem yet to reclean anything. Was just wandering if anyone has seen this.

It reminds me of the flashing like when configuring temp with the FW3A although slightly different. I don’t think I pushed the switch enough to put it in some mode but it’s possible. And quick reset with tailcap fixes.

I’ve never seen that , sounds like it may be a battery connection problem , clean battery at both ends and torch springs at both ends also the ends of the tube including threads , I have noticed the magnet can attract tiny pieces of debris on the inside of tailcap.

Did not have much time to post the 26350 tube and new cyan color, since I have been working on the D4V2 reflashing kits these days,
here are the photos.

Oh man, Im just having an order of black D4s with red auxs coming toward me and Hank releases a new battery size tube.

D4S 26350 shorty in cyan is way cute …. now we need it in purple and version 2 :wink:

Please let there be D4SV2 with multi color aux leds :smiley:

It’s adorable!

Looks great!

Did you find some better 26350 cells? The ones that we see regularly are quite bad at current delivery, even worse than 18350…

Also, have you considered adding Osram KW CSLPM1.TG to the lineup? Vinh got really superb results from it…

ADDED:
26350+26650 D4Sv2 with KW CSLPM1.TG would be my dream light of 2019. :slight_smile:

I think TK knows what this means in program debugging
:smiley:

I’m like to ask, aside from having the new cyan color D4S, are there plans to do a D4S v2?
(not sure what might be possible improvements for a v2 of the D4S though…)

I’m still hoping for a single emitter reflector version :heart_eyes:

With 3V XHP50.2

Must resist! Does anyone even make decent 26350 cells though?

Couldn’t help myself, with my birthday in 14 days I had to get the stubby blue wonder on the way! :smiley:

Thanks Hank!

Will you be making this short tube in the other colors, too?

The 26350 tube is available for all 4 colors, black, cyan, green and grey.

Looking forward to your mods :smiley:

Perhaps, I am missing the obvious, but the major advantage of the D4S over the D4 is that it could be powered by a larger capacity 21700 cell,in spite of making the flashlight larger. Now,with the 2653 tube, the D4S doesn’t have the capacity or smaller size advantage over a D4 with a 18350 tube,although it does make it easier to EDC the D4S. So if I already own both the D4 with a 18350 tube and D4S, would there be a good reason for me to buy a 2653 tube? Perhaps, a size comparison picture of the D4S with 2653 tube next to a D4 with a 18350 tube might help, especially if I am wrong and the D4S/2653 combination is actually smaller.

Mod it? Would I do That? :smiley:

Anduril and LH351D W6 emitters, probably good for around 7000 lumens on a Gold Golisi or 30T. Spring bypass at the driver with a solid copper contact plate at the tail should satisfy my mod cravings, well, some alternating orange SMD’s between Cyan and I’ll be happy with it. Unless I get industrious and go with a Q8 MCPCB and 4 of the 3V XHP-50.2 emitters, but that isn’t expected to be the case… who knows?

It’s definitely got the cute and chubby factor going on.