Emisar D4S review

When producing LEDs they are not equal. But customers want to buy similar LEDs, so they are grouped by color (it is called binning). 3D etc. is the name of these bins.

So then 3D for example is a specific Kelvin temperature or range of temperatures?

The bin covers a small range of color temperature and tint.

Toykeeper posted this a while back

I got Cyan aux emitters, will probably swap in some strategically placed orange ones to really set it apart. :wink:

Something along the lines of this…

I get it. Thanks

The actual D4SV2 has not been released yet. The tailcaps for it have obviously been produced and are now being shipped with first-generation D4S lights. Most likely Hank ran out of first-gen tailcaps earlier than expected. No details on the actual D4SV2 are known.

It is always frustrating when you buy anything new and then find out that a newer version is about to become available. Just keep in mind that you didn’t waste your money. The D4S is still an amazing light and it won’t stop being one when the D4SV2 is out. I have three. :slight_smile:

It really is amazing; hard to imagine how the beam itself could be significantly improved, given all the currently available LED and optic options, though I suppose programming flexibility could be further enhanced. Brighter than 4000-5000 lumens wouldn’t be practical unless body/head mass was increased to handle the heat. Case in point, the Fireflies E07 with its 7000+ lumens is really too powerful for its relatively light mass, unless you use full turbo in relatively short bursts (shorter than with the D4S). In a rather far-fetched analogy it reminds me of the 1970 Kawasaki Mach Three; its engine was too powerful for its light body resulting in its unofficial title of The Widowmaker. IMO The only practical way to keep piling more lumens into these little lights is the development of more efficient LEDs.

I have just received mine, and it have also D4SV2 in its cap.

It has Anduril and colour changing Aux lights?

Aux LEDs are green. I don’t think these could change color in any way.
About the firmware type: I don’t know. I will check how it works in the evening. (UTC +2)

I don’t expect it to be V2, but I will see it. Ramping, turn to turbo, and turn to maximum brightness is the same in both Andúril and RapingIOS3

:open_mouth:

It is written on this user guide :smiley:

I disagree. I believe it really deserves some Osrams in it…

What is correct thread on D4s tube?

Updated my 9 month old D4S to Anduril using this contraption (inspiration from TK in an earlier post in this thread), which took me way too long to create. Rewarding, though! Much prefer Anduril to RampingIOS.

D4S Flash Setup

Don’t know much about Osrams

Here you are:

These are the best thrower LEDs out there. Vinh put 4 Osrams KW CSLPM1.TG in D4S and got 100 kcd with 4600 lm:
https://skylumen.com/products/emisar-d4s-most-compact-26650-quad

Impressive! Thanks for the link. I don’t see any mention of Osrams.
Since there don’t appear to be any emitters between 5000K and 6500K, I thought that maybe combining two 5000s and two 6500s might be ideal.
My D4S appears to have Anduril, though I’m not sure, being a non-technical Flashaholic. I like the program I have and would not want to change it.Can Vinh keep the original program?

Any idea what would be the led current for that kinda output ?