Emisar D4S review

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to reset Anduril to defaults on the D4S if I accidently mess up the default settings?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions in the coming days as I slowly get to grips with Anduril. I still find myself clicking 6 times to lock the light instead of 4 its going to take a few days to adjust but really loving Anduril and especially the blinky modes thanks to TK and others for making this possible

Assuming you have the latest Anduril build…

RESET: Loosen tailcap, hold button, tighten tailcap, hold 3 seconds (it will “buzz” flash fast, then flash bright once. Should be reset.

If you want to test. Set the ramp to steps—3 clicks while on, (hold button, light jumps up levels, not smooth ramps)

do the reset. Light should be back to smooth ramp.

I have the D4S with the original program. Is there an easy way to access strobe whenever needed?

If you click, click, hold… from off, then scroll through to strobe by double clicking you can then turn it off and when you double click hold again it will come on in strobe where you left it. So from off a click click hold will get you to Strobe pretty quick.

Edit: You can also adjust the speed of most strobes by a press and hold for faster or a press press hold for slower. When you turn it off this too will be memorized so your speed choice will remain a constant. The same action when in candlelight will brighten or dim the candle effect. :wink: A triple click when in candlelight will engage a timer, approx 30 minutes. Do it again and it will be 60 minutes. The light dims then turns off with the timer. So you can feasibly set it to candlelight, engage a timer, drift off to sleep and the light will turn off by itself.

Edit II: Sorry, this is for Anduril. Those actions aren’t available for EOS firmware in the standard D4S format.

So, no strobe at all in original version?

Yep, I have the stock original version. No strobe.

The only way to get a strobe on the original D4S is to upgrade the firmware to Andruil. That isn’t too difficult, but it does require some hardware.

OK, thanks.

Unfortunately, although I’m a long-time Flashaholic, I’m not very “technical”, and reflashing would be definitely beyond my safe accomplishment. Is the new V2 firmware Anduril? Frankly, aside from the strobe issue I’m pretty happy with the original version. I probably could also have the reflashing done by a modder, perhapsVinh.

Anduril UI is a selectable option, $1.99

Thanks

Man Without Shadow, thanks for the info yes I grabbed the latest Anduril build for the D4S when I flashed my light a couple of days a go. Really loving Anduril. I’ll start tinkering with the ramp settings for the beacon mode and other settings its good to know there is a reset function built into the firmware.

Thanks

There is now a stainless steel bezel for the D4S. It’s available as an add-on for the D4S entry on Hank’s site.

Today I tried to flash Anduril to D4S but failed for a while. As I was typing this cry for help I tried one last time and finally succeeded.
When I ran the flashing command the flashlight emitter leds began blinking rapidly. Was it supposed to do this?
I got to about 30% done and then got a bunch of

avrdude: error: wrong responds size
avrdude: error: usbasp_transmit:

Tried several times, double checked everything, pushed/moved connectors to get better connection. And when I was ready to give up - finally success!
Was it bad connection? Maybe flashing pins went in too deep and short circuited something?

Yes.

Yes, I’d say the tip wires touched something. Those long bare copper tips you have there can go in too deep. Better to leave on some insulation or use very short bare tips, so as to limit the depth to just enought to make contact and hold the wires in place.

Tip: I found it better to use longer Dupont connectors to give more flexibility to the cabling, and to tape the wires to the head to prevent unwanted movement during flashing.

Does anyone know of a good bike mount that will fit the D4S? also, anyone have a link to the Rampingios V3 hex file?

Had a play with the blinky modes last light and I really love lightening storm mode. Anduril is an outstanding bit of firmware.

The D4S v2 with the aux led option.

The flashing pads are now similar to that of D4v2.

Except there are now two vias, one at each end of the row of four pads. This is an improvement over the D4V2, and will help to locate the pogo pins with much less fiddling around for those with less than perfect eyesight.

Curious, what are the pros of pads vs vias? I liked vias as I could simply insert wire/cables into the holes. Now I need to buy a pogo pin adapter.