[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT02 (single cell XHP-35 HI / 26650 thrower)

Got mine today!

The good:
-Throwy beam
-Ceiling bounce tests scores higher than Olight S30R III and Thrunite TC12, both rated 1,000lm+
-Only draws 2.54A at start!!! talk about lumens per watt efficiency!
-PRISTINE reflector/glass: no dust or fingerprints
-Excellent build quality

The bad:
-Steps down in just 2 minutes when it’s barely warm
-Breath mode doesn’t breath it just stays on
-Doesn’t “feel” bright
-Slightly greenish tint
-Poor feedback button
-Output/weight & size ratio is meh (zero wow factor)

Bonus:
-Manker branding on tailcap PCB, disgusting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Great deal considered the price! But today I also got my Klarus XT12GT, which is way more impressive in output and has better beam, but it costs $30 more.

Can anyone comment on the 2 min step down? I believe I read somewhere it should be 5 minutes or even longer, also my breath mode just stays on, maybe a different driver revision?

Your light ran so hard to get to you that it’s “out of breath”. :slight_smile:

I just put together a UT02 with a XP-L HI V3-1A and on a IMREN IMR26700 6.27amps at the tail cap.

This thing kicks some serious booty!

Can you measure the intensity ?

Edit : I was searching for some days what led to install , and nome kwb you gave me a good hint .

I will try one xp-l hi v3 i have , and i will see if i get a good result . Made a nice fet driver too (ldo , narsil firmware) .

I’m only set up at 2 Meter’s, so the measurements will be low, but stock I get 19,200 LUX for 76,800cd and the XP-L HI V3 1A, I get 45000LUX for 180,800cd. Side by side the stock light is pretty piss poor! :confounded:

Waiting for warmer weather to test all of my throwers outside! :smiley:

I got the V3’s at Kaidioman so I’m pretty sure they are LEGIT pulling this high of amps, I have had some V3’s pull higher though but not much!

I want to believe i will have the build ready tomorrow . I will report back here :wink:

This is with one of Richards stock 26FETDD E-switch drivers, I do have some SiR800 FETs on hand to swap out, and some SiR404 on there way to try also!

I asked Richard if it would be feasible to make 30mm FETDD 3volt E-switch drivers for these UT02 and Manker and now the L6 with the modder’s extended single battery tube coming out, but apparently there is not enough demand?

But making the driver adapter for the 26mm driver also helped fit the long 26700 IMREN in it!!

180k only? well, XPL HI ftw :slight_smile: I got 250 with a dded V6 and 6 amps yet the driver needs improoving, especialy the “bright” part of it, i was able to lighten the side button when switched on, yet my programming skills are crap :confused:

P.S

Wight`s 26mm fet dd is great paired with several of TK firmwares though

Haha exactly the same here , built the driver with sir800dp but I’m waiting for some 404 as well :smiley:

Edit : Mitko i have a very bad luck desoming V6s … I don’t know what else to try .

Well i use medical benzine for that, the credit goes to Sirius btw, no smell, great cleaning power, vaporites like hell though :slight_smile:

I found out this one be the best, even better than sir800dp for a single emitter use

Can’t figure out how medical benzine is called in greek . What do they use it for ?

Treating wounds , cleaning tools ,deoiling too…. its knows as petroleum ether in US: should be an easy find in the drugstores…a fella in Boston said its quite spendy over there( maybe more purifired) yet in Greece and here should be no more than 4-5 euros, but then again they have Obamacare …or Trumpcare:)

Yep XP-L HI measured at 2 meters so the number is going to be low! Might eek a little more out with the added better FET’s and some tuning, this was just slapped together! Don’t care about Firmware in the least, 3 modes are fine for me as I use Turbo the most and this little light kicks ass for a jacket pocket thrower, I like to keep it real no added BS! Got plenty of de-domed XP-L’s know all about them and then some, and the fragile bond wires, so the XP-L HI works and the tints are better, again keeping it real and no BS!

As far as the switch go’s I also have plenty of Courui D01 switches that I have replaced the stock switch with, it is now nice and crisp!! :wink:

@KawiBoy1428 , this one is you you m8, a massdedoming :beer:

True, i use only 2-3 modes too yet the side button blinking or low lighting when off could be a great option. You know, i have a very hard time sometimes finding those side buttons in the dark

interesting method.

can you tell us more about this method Mitko?

Arrived today, almost forgot I ordered it:) Packaged well, looks good. Nice sharp hot spot. Pleased so far…

U Crazy! :smiley: Man o man!! :person_facepalming: :beer: De-dome Soup! :+1:

Soooooooo……how much might a fella like you charge for a mod like this? Parts and all. (shipping would be figured out obviously) Hmmmmmmm??? :sunglasses:

EDIT:

Full runtime chart, in hidden turbo it doesn’t ever step down, in fact the output raises over time. Total runtime was 1hr 47min at which point it just shut down and the battery measured 3.13V. So the realistic runtime for the UT02 is ~1,000lm for 1.8hr!! pretty amazing isn’t it? I only wish we could just set the normal turbo like this.

I made a 10 min runtime test using a partially discharged Liitokala 26650, and am happy to report there is no stepdown in the turbo mode from the aux group. The normal turbo drops to 70% after 2 min and stays there so the data is extrapolated after the 5 first minutes.

You must first enable it by pressing the button for a few secs in off, the aux group then goes strobe - breath - SOS - beacon - battery indicator? - turbo

Interesting Will , thanks !

Today i modded my UT02 with xp-l hi v3 (not sure if i keep it) and fet driver with LDO , and Narsil firmware .

First of all it draws 6.7 amps with Liitokala 26650 on higher “mode” . Standby current is really low , 0.05mA .

I use the ramping mode in Narsil , and the moonlight mode is set on 2/255 .

Later i will post more info , and i’ll take some measurements . It is brighter than U21 , and it the hotspot has the same size as the U21 .