ENEDED

Again, depends on your need. In my area, the high desert, 35 seconds is more than enough to determine if the rustling in the scrub behind the house is deer, coyote or mountain lion. 300 lumens won’t cut it (unless they’re looking right at you). Although I typically don’t carry anything as small as these lights at night except as backup.

right, they are too small for much real use, was what i found out, and i went to 18650

wle

They will actually run about 20 minutes on turbo, if you can hold the hot little bugger by then….

The 100 lumen mode runs about 2 hours, so they have good runtime….

i only use cheap junky batteries so i don;t really know :slight_smile:

which is why i like 18650

unlimited free cells
even the cheap and free ones work 6x better than 16340

wle

Flashlight still not working :frowning:
http://www.zlsh.net/ not working too :frowning:
What should I do? To make a complaint to Gearbest or what???

What did you end up doing about your flat top battery situation?

Yes, and take a short video of you putting a battery in and it not turning on. As absurd as this sounds, it will expedite the process if you send the video with your request.

I think, that he doesn’t understand, that with a button top battery. :question:

Even with the video they will just say that flat tops dont work even if he pried up the top so it makes contact. Or used a magnet or whatever

I don’t understand what to do with a button top battery?

You need a button top battery (not a flat top) to make a contact.

Sorry, I don’t understand. Is there some video?

The top of your battery has to look like the one on the right side.

left is flat top; right is button top

It looks like that on the right side!!

This light is tricky, you do have to press and hold the button for a few moments for the light to turn on.
Two rapid presses on the button will go to turbo mode.

Just received my M3 (cool white ON THE ROAD M3 920Lm Cree M3 XM L2 U2 1A 16340 LED Flashlight - 1A 6500-7000K FULL PACK TITANIUM GREY).

Help me understand the Tail Cap function. I thought the light was DOA.

Installed battery, 3.7VDC out of box, tightened end cap to enssure contact, long press of switch NO RESPONSE/NO LIGHT.

Removed and charged battery 4.2VDC, reinstalled in M3, long press of switch and again NO RESPONSE/NO LIGHT.

I then went back a read the GearBest description. It says “If flashlight will not be used for a long time tighten the screw” meaning the tail cap from the picture.

I had tightened the tail cap already so I loosened it….still no light on long press. Then I decided to do the force thing and rapped it a bit on my desktop, and suddenly a long press turned on the light.

So I am guessing that tightening the tail cap all the way somehow opens the circuit, the opposite of what I would have thought, and in fact tightening the tail cap all the way does disable the flashlight. Loosening a turn or two enables it to function in all modes as described.

Anyone know where this switch is? I’m guessing in the module itself?

Is my light operating correctly or should I return it?

Ive never heard of such a thing, sounds like a mistake in translation. When you dont use the light for a long time you should remove the battery or unscrew the tailcap a bit because of the parasitic drain. You need to tighten the tailcap fully when you want to use it.

I’d guess you have a bad one and need an exchange.

What battery are you using? Maybe your battery is a bit long, so when you tighten up the tail cap, it’s crunching up the spring in the tail cap, enough to dislodge it slightly and lose connection.

Weird. I recently got mine too and had no problems. Other than I should have went with 5C. I assume you are also using the OTR battery that came with the full pack. I have had battery length problems like suggested in the post above. My protected keeppower just wont work in my manker t01 no matter how much I tighten or loosen the cap.