ENEDED

yikes, that looks pretty bad :confounded:

After problems with the two Imalent made lights I have and reading this, Imalent seems to have too many problems for me to consider them in the future. Glad I passed on this.

Sigh. I had high hopes, but donā€™t like being first in line to buy, for this reason. Iā€™ll pass.

Mine flickers mostly if Iā€™m on an lower setting. Thatā€™s quite annoying, I can only use this light on the higher lvls.
So it flickers when Iā€™m on low to 33-50% to high.

Received a light with the USD cover and flickering issue.

flickering lights with rotating machinery is a recipe for disaster.
kind of like a timing light on a car.hope you have warned him

hope mines ok when it arrives

Do any of them come with a cover that says USB? I keep seeing people comment on that theirs are arriving with a USD coverā€¦ I thought all of them said USD lol

^ thatā€™s what I was think when I read this too.

I have received one of these for full review, (coming soon) and its being review/tested over the next couple weeks. So far the same i received has no flicker on lower settings, but will give it work out to see if its a problem that appears later after some use.

What is Gearbest answer to this ā€˜faultyā€™ flickering lights? Anyone contacted them?

I was interested in this one. This is supposed to be an awesome headlamp without the flickering issue.

ok, as the HR20 that was sent to me by Neil from Banggood for review & is under current testing, i have it sitting on my desk now on roughly 5 % output so i can observe it over time. (set at one knurl-notch of the variable ring up from the lowest moon-light mode) and been running that way for 2 hours non stop, and my sample has not shown any flicker as of yet. What i did notice however, as when the dial/ring is turned very, very slowly, the output increases in small, but noticeable ā€œstepsā€ as in increments , and not as a smooth completely variable range of increase as seen on some other magnetic-style variable output lights. I will keep you all posted as the review of this light continues, and will be posting it in a full review soon.

Damn, why i always see those threads after i ordered.
I got the money for this light from my gearbest wallet and now the next lemon is on the rise :slight_smile: I hope i will receive the ā€œflicker only when turning the dialā€ variant and not the permanent flicker version. :frowning:

Just got mine todayā€¦no flickering.

Mike

I got two of these.
I only opened one. (was keeping the 2nd one for a gift)
I have been using mine on and off for a few days.
Soā€¦ was just going to report on it.

But then I just read about all the flickering, and thought I had better check the 2nd one out.
That one seems fine as well.
I can reportā€¦they are both working fine! No flickering that I can detect at all at this stage.

Actually I really like this unit. I really like the fact it has no flash!
(Flash modes have their place, but I generally find them annoying)

The ā€œvolume controlā€ is easy to adjust, and really good at remembering where you set it. :slight_smile:
I also tend to prefer the cooler colour. so thatā€™s a plus as well.

Overallā€¦.quite good!

Got mine in. So far, no flickering except a slight bit when adjusting the volume control. No tail magnet. Iā€™d be surprised if this was actually IPX8 (two meters). Not going to throw the money away to find out. ā€œUSDā€ cap is loose, and donā€™t know if this is a magnetic switch. Requires a button top if you donā€™t use the included battery.

Curiously enough, the HR20 uses the same exact packaging (inside and out) as the $27 dollar LTH20 Lumentrail headlamp, and you can tell the same company made the headband for both.

Some more similarities

Got mine today and i canā€™t notice any flickering :slight_smile:

For what itā€™s worthā€¦ The HR20 gets up to 142F or 61C after 10 minutes set on a timer. (at 5min it was 112F or 44.44C)

Well, I got my HR20 todayā€¦ It flickers. This is my first and last Imalent product.It Could be a nice headlamp without the flickering.