ENEDED

My second, a black CW, arrived just 11 days after ordering!

Wish I knew this before placing my order as my preference is 5000K (daylight) :frowning:

On another note, shouldn’t NW color = 5000K? I’m a bit confused why none of my NW lights (copper tool, tool ti, IYP365, ut01, s mini) has pure white or close to pure white?

My CW unit has nice tint around 6,200K in turbo and 5,700K in the lower modes, nowhere close to my 5,000K lights but definitely less cool than my modded lights with XP-L HI V2 1A

Mine works fine with LiitoKala no solder blob needed.

It would seem that there are loose tolerances in the threads where tint is concerned. I use Canon flash units that are said to be daylight white at 5700K. I find them to be somewhat on the blue-white side, as such, I consider anything over 5500K to be Cool White, with the area right around 5000K as Neutral or pure white. When the orange tint like what you see from a campfire begins to show, as early as 4700K, I consider that and everything below it to be Warm White. My preference is in that narrow zone where there is no color cast to the white, no green or blue or orange or rosy hue, just white. This is difficult to obtain. I’ve also found that Khatod optics introduce a somewhat green hue, not so much green maybe as much as turquoise. At any rate, I’d love to have pure white, no tint. Somewhere between a 1D and 3A in Cree emitters is the closest I’ve seen with a 2B being pretty nice, haven’t seen a 2D and 2A isn’t as easy to come by as a lot of them. A recent build of a Thorfire VG10 with a XPL HI V2 3A is nice with the merest hint of warmth. Always so difficult, like a Leatherman tool, to find exactly what’s required.

Edit: FWIW, the latest and greatest Canon flash unit, the 600EX II RT, is a $479 item on sale at $100 off. It would appear that Canon believes they are amongst the best things going. I have to say, it’s a pretty awesome flash unit! Capable of matching the zoom of a 70-200mm lens (prior models zoomed to match 105mm), this is a huge improvement and the radio transmitter capability could turn out to be a game changer…

Interested

Thanks tom.

I’ve had mine a couple days and was reading through the posts and wondering if this happened to anyone else and thinking should I say anything but here’s the odd thing about my light
After looking at the business end of a rather yellow NW for a day I decided to open it up and see if I could find out what is going on and after removing the bezel I discovered that the majority of the LED’s are dedomed with a dome just barely connected by an edge of the dome or off and laying in there…???
Don’t ask me, I am not kidding,
They are actually working but I don’t know if I’m supposed to tell BG that it’s messed up or what, it’s not really messed up to me and does have some throw to it, more than what I’d have thought, there’s something with my switch also, not sure what that is I think it’s not centered, feels off to one side but should be easy to fix, all I have to do is remove the tube and turn it upside down and everything becomes disassembled, that easy enough.
I wonder it there’s something I can coat the emitters with for protection or if it’s even necessary, how could this dedome happen, I hadn’t messed with it at all, I do like this light with all the extra odd unexpected things especially, sure got my monies worth haha.

During the assembly they didn’t lined up the optic correctly, causing it to turn and remove the domes from the LEDs. The switch isn’t correctly lined up either so it doesn’t click as it should…

The driver falling apart when removing the body tube is normal I think, as the only thing keeping the driver retaining ring in place is the tube.

By dedoming the emitters you automatically get double the throw, you can leave them uncovered just like this and it will work fine, but you do lose a lot of lumens. I would contact BG and let them know.

Receiving a light with dedomed leds is absolutely unacceptable, the light does not produce the tint you ordered and not the output that is specified. And the manufacturer should receive the message that they messed up their design or assembly.

Interested….Code please, when you have it

Thanks Will and Djozz, it is as mentioned a NW so it is much more yellow now and the more I look at the tint the more it bothers me so will be contacting BG, really find this to be strange.
Had to use my camera phone, busted darn camera but I suppose good enough to show BG, never experienced this before.

When I build triples on the X6 platform I like to use the CUTE-3 made for the Intematix emitter, it has longer legs and allows me to countersink the mcpcb holes down into the heat sink. This allows the optic to snugly rest in the underlaying heat sink and not twist when the bezel is screwed on/off.

The design team got a lot right with this light, but missed a few details it would seem…

Hi, interested in code please,and thanks in advance!

I’m interested in a code too please, if it’s not too late. Thanks

Hi freeme, please send code if still active, thanks!

I purchased the neutral white version, in grey, with the group buy code. Thank you Freeme!

I am interested, depending on the price. Looks Terrific!

maybe interested depending on price.

All replied.