ENEDED

I quite prefer the 219C in the MF01. I would almost like to trade my D4 for one with warmer LEDs, but to each their own I respect everyone’s preferences. The MF01 is rated at 5000k for the 219C, but they are warmer than the D4 so I wonder what exactly they are or if tint variation is a thing if they weren’t binned many times. it could be 4850k because it isn’t drastically warmer, just enough to notice.

After the bike ride still no brightness variation among LED banks. I do hope everyone with that issue gets things sorted out because I quite like the light. I can confirm that after running batteries down from full the indicator light has begun to turn red due to voltage sag and my batteries are at 3.82volts a cell. Is not a problem, just documenting this occurrence. The indicator goes green immediately after switching off turbo. Something else is that the tripod mount has the tendency to unscrew with what you had it mounted to. I’ll probably just lightly glue it in just to be done with it.

I think people are confirming the red light comes on at 3.4 volts.

Arrived despite the lack of tracking updates.
Glad that it’s tinyer than expected. Just thrown 4 bat in it to check for obvious flaws, nothing bad to report so far.

Very happy with this purchase, worth the wait (ordered Aug 08). Thanks a lot for this GB freeme.

Ugh… That XP-G3 corona is hideous. :confounded:

I’m worried that the FW3A will look the same…

They stated that you can’t see it with your eyes, only with the camera.

I’m not sure about that. For me, tint variations is much easier to see in real life than in pictures. Then again I’m really sensitive to tint shifts.

I have this one,but I can say that I can’t see any green,it’s full white.

Got mine yesterday, Nichia flavor. Impressed with the build quality. Works with out issues. Only wish there was direct access to low or the ability to go backwards. Truely a budget worthy light!

Oh I see - yes, seems like I misunderstood. No way around taking my own measurements, I guess.

219C If there were 5700K or 6500K of either, whichever would you choose XP-G3?
I’m looking forward to the video report.

The shooting now can be taken beautifully with a Sony camera, but Canon is better to take the picture as it is.
Molded Canon Canon is super cheap here in Japan, so we are considering purchasing for light shooting.

It is wonderful that this MF-01(XP-G3) makes good things ugly corona less noticeable.
219C I want variation.

I feel that the color temperature of MF01 219C is lower than 5000K.
With this light on a bicycle, it looks like a night motorcycle :smiley:

At this price this performance is wonderful.
Is it 219C?

This MF-01 is making inconspicuous things ugly corona good.
It is good to go well with FW3A.

Yes. I got used to high CRI 90 since years for outdoor activities. I bought a skilhunt H03 neutral white recently but each time I’m turning it ON outside, first thing going through my mind is “emitter swap”. I really don’t mind that the 219C isn’t the brightest as long as it has the highest CRI compared to the XP-G3.
Would have prefered a MF-01 with 219C R9080 but there is none in the nichia datasheet.
Definitely more neutral white than the D4 (219C) or S41 (219B) that are cooler.

You're welcome!

I got mine and I really love it. After how bad the S42 was I was nervous to get another astrolux light but this turned out great.

Interested in code for next batch

• XPG3

Ordered (Nichia 219C) on 8th Sept arrived on 19th, very fast this time.
Like many others, prefer if have option for starting from low or backward mode, but have to say this one is a good one.

Interested in round 2, depending on the revised price.

I’m kicking myself because I got PM’d in the first round, but didn’t order in time. :frowning:

EDIT: Interested in XP-G3

hi

i got mine today !!!
that’s more compact than the MT03
I have to plug my 30Q inside to compare but with my 25R in this light isn’t bright as my MT03 modded (TA FET driver running narsil)

can you do beam shot comparison with FET driver?

OK I will do it

XP-G3 version only is available again.