ENEDED

d_t_a, thanks for that detailed info! Glad I ordered them then. I really don't use the long press so will give it a try in my clear C8 and see how it goes.

Any idea how long before the blue led will drain a battery?

I got a Convoy C8 stainless steel bezel, but it seems it fits perfectly only for the Convoy C8 Clear/Silver, but it didn’t fit the Convoy C8+ Oak Brown (won’t screw in completely, with a big gap), does anyone have this issue?

Code for sand colored C8+, thanks Freeme. The new style C8 is starting to grow on me.

Hi freeme,

Any chance I could get a coupon for the Convoy L2 please.

I sent a PM and posted in this thread about a week ago but not heard back.

The lighted tail switch works fine on my C8+. All Biscotti functions work fine, even long press to moonlight. However, when I installed it, it defaulted back to mode 1. Reprogrammed and all is well on mode two with memory turned on.

That is sexy, shame it doesnt come with a lighted tailcap from the start, i would gladly payed a few more bucks if it had that.

Just order the 2 dollar lighted switch with your light. Takes all of 5 minutes to replace

no i dont have skills for that stuff, sadly i would just break more then good, like i said i would pay if it came from the start. im not JasonWW or those that can build a flashlight with their one hand…

Was the ss bezel not fitting a one off problem or had anyone else found it doesn’t fit?

Hope that Convoy did not made changes to the threads. Mine fits fine but i only one copy from earlier batch.

I’ve lost the code for the c8. Dohhh.

Any chance it can be sent again?

Code for sand colored C8+,
Thanks Freeme.

Where did you get that lighted tailswitch from?

I ordered several pieces from Gearbest, and tested most of them with Convoy S2+ old firmware and also S2+ with Biscotti.

Obviously all work when used with the “old firmware”, but when I tried the lighted tailswitch (Gearbest describes as Convoy Omten 1288 lighted tailswitch blue LED), a few simply won’t work properly — it’s stuck in one mode, half-pressing does not do anything.

But a few of them works partly on Biscotti:

- half-press will advance to the next mode

- but a long-press does not revert to Moon mode

• and when I full press the button to turn it off, and then (short while, as in like within a minute or so) full-press again the button, it will light up in the next mode (as if I did a half-press from the prior brightness level without turning off), in effect it has “next-mode-memory”. (unscrewing the battery tube will reset this)

so far, I have yet to test a lighted tailswitch which recognizes the long-press (I did also test on Astrolux C8 which has BLF A6 UI, and it shows the same behavior, short half-press works, but long half-press doesn’t — it’s recognized as a short half-press; which means, I couldn’t get to the special modes which require a long half-press from Moon mode)

Interested, thank you very much.