Energizer Vision AA and AAA lights..

Hmm, my idea of running of it on a lithium battery is out then.

I finally talked a boy I work with into buying the 6xAA to see how it is. I like it for the money, nice floody neutral beam, simple ui, common batteries, and seems well made. The only thing I don’t like is the tailcap. It needs to be sanded and polished so it doesn’t tear up the end of the cells.

Hi new guy here
I recently bought both the Energizer Vision HD 6AA and the 2AA, sadly the 2AA was DOA bad QC.
3 mode top mounted rubber covered positive click switch E.g. old school

I did some testing with virgin ‘Tenergy Centuras’ AA 2000mAh LSD cells topped up with a cheap 2hr smart charger. No testing was done with the included Alkalines.
The six batteries are 3S2P so they work with fine using one row 3 NiMH.

mode 1 High 900 lumens measured 1.0 Amps
mode 2 Low 270 lumens measured 0.25 Amps
mode 3 Off / High Strobe is activated holding button down for 2 seconds

Tested run time on high ~ 1.75 hrs this should improve since this was done with never cycled 6 XAA and was recorded when the light noticeably dropped brightness just above the low levels. All NiMH batteries were then removed and all tested around 0.9-1.0V open circuit.
I’m sure the Energizer listed run times are accurate to ANSI but not that id run them that long on charge available batts. I’d have to guess high mode is unregulated and the low mode is PWM to all 3 emitters.

The light beam on both modes is flood with no hot spots or observed artifacts …very nicely done!
Color Tint is excellent , neutral to warm to my eyes I’d estimated at 2 bins lower than a 2016 Maglite Pro 270 lumens.
The high setting is too powerful for close up work but useful for lighting up a whole room or perhaps one or two guys working on a large project with scattered tools. Flashlight is well constructed and feels mighty high quality/ dense in hand. This thing will take a beating and then some. The end conical end cap is shaped to take the landing hit, the metal is extremely thick at the point. I did notice the batteries started to wear on the outside edge of the label / top flat side. which doesn’t make sense as the inside top seems finished very smooth. IDK polishing or lube may help but I don’t see removing batteries on constant basis using LSD cells on low most times.
This is a keeper >IMO seems very efficient for the amount of light at 250mA on everyday AA batteries , Energizer hits it out the park on the 6AA. 9/10 stars for a GP household /work light. what’s not to like ?

Thanks for the comments on it and the tests. As I said before with a little interior polishing and some lube I find no major issues with it. I do dislike how it won’t tailstand.

Just picked one of these up from Argos for £19.99 and worth it I’d say solidly built good performance. For the average person this would be a very good torch. The tint is really nice.

The head dose not seem to come off though so no good as a host for modding…

Hi guys I’m new here but been lurking here and at CPF for years! This thread certainly caught my attention when neutral white and Energizer was mentioned in the same sentence, a neutral white light I could actually go and buy today in a real bricks and mortar store with a floody beam? So I got one of the 2 AA ones from Argos as mentioned above, the tint really is amazing for an Energizer and it looks good too. Now I just need to find the 6 AA model in the UK. I like long runtimes.

Both of the 2 of these developed a fault where if you turn the light on and of it then won’t turn on again for at least another ten minutes. After about 5 angry emails they are now sending out replacements. Has anyone else had this problem?

Managed to open the thing with some heat, solid aluminium pill decent construction could make a good host….

A p60 drop in just might fit with a little persuasion.

Mine just arrived. I like how it lights on high mode. Everty else do not like.
There is very low PWM and I will avoide low mode.
Finally it is good light for car and home use.