Exploding Niteye/Jetbeam Ec-R16 ?

Using JB’s analogy, does that mean you’d have to use Mercedes-branded gasoline (and oil, etc.) :)?

Well, thank you for the very interesting answers, the sad thing about this, it’s that i will have hard time to trust the internal charging of this flashlight which is a shame, it destroys one of its handy side…

I agree with the use of an external charger, it’s alway a better idea but… i loved the idea of internal charging, it’s like an almost self-sufficient unit, perfect for holydays.
Now,i think i will only use it like a regular flashlight, i don’t want to burn my flat to the ground. :partying_face:

Better to be safe than sorry I always say. I’m sorry you had a problem. Thankfully it didn’t burn your house down or worse.

Buy one of you want to do an insurance job! lol.

It is hard to say unless we see the whole board! I am not defending Jetbeam the rep was a idiot for what he said! The guy who wrote the review used his internal charger and nothing happen.

But some thing went wrong with either one of power supplies. The battery or the USB.

It could also be a fail safe gone wrong? Traces could have burnt. The way it looks some thing caught fire or exploded.

Candlepower forums is timing out. Maybe jetbeam hacked the site. Lol!

Seriously though, I have 2 of the little buggers. One for me, one for the wife. I’ve charged mine many times without incidence. Usually charges to 4.23v though… So a little on the high side, but I don’t just leave it plugged in all the time. Once the Blue light turns off, I unplug it.

I also use my Samsung Galaxy S5 wall wort.

It’s an unprotected efest purple button top in both lights.