Extremum - 550 lumen from keychain flashlight

___Yes, it’s too much. And it will have only 50% of capacitance after 20 cycles of disharge at 800 ma. But we can’t avoid that if we have a task to build keychain flashlight with such brightness. We have a cut-off at 3.2V___

That's an acceptable trade-off for such a small sized rocket. As long as it does not completely discharge, very few folks would run this light on the highest setting for 4-5 minutes so I don't see it at as cell killer. Very interesting light and I'm quite sure I would buy it !

Are the cells available to buy separately?

X3, I’ll measure lumens once more on professional equipment. Now I think that we exceeded 800 ma when battery voltage was above 4V (we charge it till 4.2V) and first 30 second it was really 550 and then fade a bit.

Sure, we bought them in Ukrainian store Kosmodrom :wink: So I don’t think it’s relevant information for you. Search also on Ebay or Aliexpress.

By the way we’re thinking about longer optional tube. To use 10180, 10250 and even 10440 batteries. Just swap-able rear part.

Has any one actually tested the 10180 to that capacity? People where testing the best 10180 to like 80mah? They are marked as 110mah.

Mine are marked as 120 mah and has 100 mah with discharge current 800 ma.

We’ve seen some increases in battery capacity lately. Look at the new Aspire 18350 that HKJ tested recently. It claims 1300mAh, and it actually reaches a little over ~1100mAh. That is about 50% more than previous best available 18350 cells. There are other sizes getting the boost as well. I’d love to see a 10180 cell get an actual 120mAh soon (or even more). :+1:

Yea not to long ago beginning of last year the 10180 where only getting like 60-70mah.

Seeing as its desgined as a round light its to late now. You could always build a light using a lipo cell in a fully inclosed flashlight like the Nitecore TIP. The lipo cell would be a better choice for a small high drain cell. You could easily get the power you need. Also the build might have been easier to use a XPG3 they are super efficent and a tad smaller then the XML2. upto 187 lumen at 350ma.

We are a tough bunch to impress here on BLF dont take what we say personally.

Got a link for these cells?

Interesting light, could have potential :wink:

No, sorry, changing beam shape does not add lumens. Lumens are total light. If you lose some in the lens, focusing does not get them back.

not sure what this means exactly:

“We tested cell 10 times and after that it has about 90% of life. We think after 20 sessions in turbo mode it’ll have only 50% of capacitance.
We’re honest about that – if you want such light from keychain you need to find a compromise.”

does that mean, if you use it 20 times doing this: “turbo mode till the discharge of a battery”, then half the capacity is gone?

wle

Hammering tiny 10180 cells at 20-25 times rated capacity will severely reduce it’s life but it’s fun doing it :laughing:
I’ve had 1.6A from 10180’s and 2A from 10250 MBI Nukes.

:+1:

yes ProjectOne, BLF, friendly but critical :wink:
Doesn’t this light just scream Nichia 219B?

Are you going to use glue or can people mod it easy?

A Nichia 219 B or C with high CRI would make it much more interesting, less lumens but the higher CRI compensates for that.

Stop that video at 31 seconds.... look at the top right...

What should I look for?

says 10 feet... look at the light the hand and the mortar seam in the block wall... looks more like 2 or 3 feet. Not saying it is 2 or 3.... But not 10

I’d buy one if the price is below $35

Yes, 50 % of capacity will be gone ;(