Fantastic forum, glad I found it

Thanks for the great welcomes guys.

Cone- I completely agree with switch up carry, although I dont really carry it because it ruins my jeans...

E1320- I like that, my 502b should be here any day now

Keltex78- I think you just sold me on a 504b... BTW does Keltex have anything to do with keltek? I own a keltek P-11

BetweenRides- I think I'm going to pick up a solarforce, see how I like it; seems to be a favorite here.

JohnnyMac- First off thanks for all the great info and reviews. I have a quick question- if the surefire G2 and the solarforce P1 were the exact same price, and you own neither a Surefire nor a Solarforce, but still have your experience with both, which do you choose?

Ledsmoke- No, I like camping not redheaded men... No offense to red heads. : )

I used the Keltex78 handle back when I posted a lot on the KTOG forum. I haven't been there for a while though. I do own a PF9; it's one of my favorite handguns...

I like the 504b referenced because it has an anti-roll hex cut around the head and the tailcap switch is recessed allowing it to be stood upright as a lantern during a power outage. You can also use it with a diffuser making it a very nice camping lantern that can you can either stand upright or hang from the ceiling in a tent. A warm-white emitter (like this one: http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/warmyellowish-tint-3mode-memory-light-led-dropin-module-p-5518) and a diffuser make a very comfortable and natural light that I really like. These warm-white drop-ins (I have the single-mode http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/generic-warm-white-beam-mode-led-dropin-module-3718v-p-7810) have a hue that looks very much like an old-school incandescent lamp. The Manafont pics make it look much more yellow than it is.

The 504b also has less empty space inside the head making it easier to fill with an aluminum foil wrap around the drop-in. You will want to use this trick if you get a high-power drop-in. The foil fills the gap and helps transfer heat from the LED to the outside body of the flashlight.

<Edit>I just noticed that you are from Florida, the home of Kel-Tec!

Is Cookswithfire yet another new budget flashlight brand?

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the madness, Cookswithfire!

I really need to get reading glasses as I thought your name was cockswithfire .lol welcome to Blf cookswithfire. Might make a good name for flashlight brand

You know that your brain 'sees' what it expects to see......we can just leave it at that.

I also thought the same thing! LOL

Welcome!