Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

There is nothing wrong with affiliate links... They do not increase the price for anyone, they simply are helping out a fellow BLF member. ;)

Yeah, but There can be too many.

Marc.

“I never made a mistake in my life; at least, never one that I couldn't explain away afterwards.”

I’d rather click on a link for a light I like and buy it if it helps another member. If I was buying the light anyway and its a good price, its no skin off my nose.

I post links to intloutdoor and cnqg all the time. I don’t benefit, but I like the stores, like hank andvric and see no harm in helping them out.

Buwuve started out in the first post or two with both links, for those who want to decide for themselves. The later posts drift away from non-affiliate links.
Either post both, or full disclosure. Is it shilling? I will not make that call.
The decision to disclose is important to identify the potential conflict of interest, not a forum rule that I’m familiar with.
If it was Buwuve’s personal web site, there’s certainly no reason to disclose an affiliation.
On a public forum, I think it’s a good courtesy to provide both options AND clearly identify the affiliate status.

I don’t mind links to stores. I don’t mind people sharing great deals no matter what store it is from.
But, I think it is important to be honest about affiliate links. Some don’t like it, and I can understand why.
Id recommend people who uses affiliate links to write subject of their post to be: “contains affiliate links”, or something like that.
Play with an open hand as we say. Id gladly help a member out getting some cash as long as his posts does not look like spam and are actually helpful showing great deals.

I also love posts where you see a picture of the product and price. That way you don’t have to leave the forum if you just wanted the main info.
Buwuve are making nice posts in that way! :slight_smile:
So if you dont need much info you never have to press the link. Its not like he is forcing people to press it so that they can see the price or product.

If its not against forum rules to use affiliate links, then its fine by me.
But for courtesy reasons, inform you are using them when you are.

Just my 2 cents…

That is what I love here in BLF, the “hotlinking” as they word it on the other side. Most of the time it has given me information on things I would have otherwise missed, be it products or ideas, etc. For me, it only becomes a moral issue if the ‘hotlinker’ gives an obviously flawed or fraudulent product an endorsement and yet still make money of of it. It should be a part of our Buyer Beware mentality.

Ok, my opinion on this has officially changed... It looks like Buwuve was not using something built into fasttech, but rather this. From what I can tell that website is a way for people to sign up to shill for companies, and tons of different companies use it.

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=44775

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=44696

Atleast with fasttech, he is getting 5% commission along with a bunch of other benefits. Now I'm siding with Boaz...

So sb has now been contacted.

Ok maybe . we should just kill him ...:P

I don't think he's doing it maliciously and I'm sure sb won't let us

participate in a public lynching

Buwuve has been a member here for too long to be actively shilling for chinese vendors .and without knowing his intentions It's hard to toss him up on the chopping block .And there's probably no reason to publicly murder him especially when he's not here to defend himself .. This thread just really seemed to smack of blatant shilling .I'd like to think it's just me misreading this thread ..

I'm also not going to edit my posts yet ....So if indeed it was me who is throwing Buwuve under the bus ... than it's me who will need to openly appologize for it .

Thread did come across as a sales thread, but didn’t particularly bother me. As someone else stated Buwuves posts were kind of handy as they contained pictures and prices which are convenient. He’s been an active member for a while and on a couple of occasions he’s helped me with queries. Didn’t he openly state he was posting affiliate links in the opening post? Perhaps a bit more transparency would have been nice, otherwise move on I say.

edit: thread title should probably state this is an affiliate sales thread, providing SB is happy to let it continue.

Hello community,
I start the thread, because fasttech offers great prices and a good service. Often people do not have the time to look every day what’s new and it should help a little bit.
At the beginning it starts only with some information. A few days after I post pictures and some more information and I include reviews links.
I want to offer information, which could help do find the right product.

About the affiliate links:
If many users do not like them, I will post links without them, too. Then every member can use the link he wants. It will take some minutes to edit all posts.
For me aff-links are ok and I use them, because often the poster offer me an information (for example a great product for a good price), which save me some money and the time to search a good price.

Many users want the best price, search for coupons and invest time to ask: Which shop offers the cheapest prices?
This thread should help a little bit.

I’m not a new member who starts here to bring affiliate links all over the forum. I wrote some reviews, try to help other members if I could (not only in the flashlight area – take a look at the “gear for flashlight Carriers”) and I’m active almost every 1-2 days since 2 years.

If the admin do not like this thread, I will stop it.

Edit: Included “Not aff-link” to every item I posted.

Buwuve, this is all that is needed. I’m all for affiliate programs (I’m just too lazy to actually do it), so by all means please continue. Adding the disclaimer and/or dual links is all that is needed.
Happy shopping everyone!

Nitecore MT1A Cree XP-G R5 6-Mode 140-Lumen LED Flashlight

27.90 USD

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001842/1274000-nitecore-mt1a-cree-xp-g-r5-6-mode-140-lumen-led-fl

yeah… nitecore Mt1A… for a very good price!
looks like the Thrunite archer

The thing with affiliate link is that forums easily get spammed that way. Was the original deal really interesting or did the deal poster only wanted to place his affiliate links? I am worried that with rising user numbers these practices shown eg by fran82 and buwuve really start to annoy me more than they help. I don't need to know about every new light on DX or Fasttech. If every store has its own BLF shill the BLF landing page becomes pretty much useless.

I am not sure if this is a deal, but here’s a new light meter HS1010.

Could not find any review anywhere, but this could be good as the light sensor is attached to the meter itself.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10003840/1274500-hs1010-illuminance-brightness-light-meter

Fasttech has a not even close to 15A clicky listed now.
I’ll remove the board, no use to me. I have a couple of lights that could use this (YinHex and BTU, I’m looking at you).
Edit: Corrected, it’s not 15A as pointed out below :frowning:

They also are the first store I’ve found to list side-clicky switch boots , three different sizes so far. Nice, as I have a couple of torn ones on smaller lights.

This is not a 15A clicky - only 1.5A. Take a closer look at the picture and you will notice the “.” between 1 and 5. You can also google for KAN28.

Well spotted. I thought it looked pretty small (and cheap) to be able to take 15A.