Fasttech Sky Ray king $42 Fake?

50$ - XML-U2 Warm white according to Fasttech. but how is it possible since U2 Warm white not available.
42$ SRK is a Cool white

Don’t get me wrong, I like FastTech. But this is the same company that lists “Gilette Mach 3 Turbo” razor blades 8-pack for $5.86 ($0.73/blade). By comparison, Walgreen’s Pharmacy sells the 8-pack for $24 ($3/blade) and even Walmart lists a 10-pack for $27.96 ($2.79/blade). Maybe Gilette really does have a 300% markup here in the US but it tends to tingle my spidey senses… :slight_smile:

Did you happen to notice a brightness difference in the sky ray kings from the two different sites? Yes, a magnet sticks to the chromed metal bezel on my srk from fasttech

WTF, China?

I posted this to the other thread, but here are some pics from my black SRK U2 from Fasttech. The tint is totally different than my Nitecore MH25 U2.

From the other thread:

Well my black SRK U2 came in from fasttech today. I cant figure out how to get the driver out (on any of my lights, I have a stupid), but here’s some pictures. If somebody can tell me how to disassemble it, I will be happy to take some pics of the driver. I tried it out with 4 x 3400 mAh protected Panasonics. I’m honestly not BLOWN AWAY with the output of this thing. It doesnt seem THAT much better than my Nitecore MH25 which is a single U2…

Please excuse the cell phone pics. It was the best I could do right now….Also please excuse the frost in the close up of the logo. Colorado is not warm this time of year :slight_smile:

Well, that’s discouraging. The nightcore is roughly 850 lumens. Even if the FT SRK was twice as bright that would only put it at 1600 or so. And from your description it doesn’t sound like it is even twice as bright. I have one coming hopefully this week. I’ll see if I can get an amp reading on it.

I have the FancyFlashlights/CNQG Sky Ray King and the FastTech Fandyfire S5, from all my research most people thought these were the two with the best quality and output. Even the Fandyfire is not quiet as nice as the FF SRK. Looks like the same driver, same button, different reflector, the machining is different(4 flats vs 5 flats), one spot on Fandyfire where the machining doesn’t look good.

The SRK from FastTech only worked for less than a minute so it’s hard to say. But it did seem bright enough while it was working.

I get your point, but razors are a bad example. Razor blades are notoriously overpriced and the means by which they make their profits. They don't cost much to make though. Check out the Dollar Shave Club for an indication of what they really cost.

Ramblings, how do you “personally guarantee”? What does your guarantee mean, in practical terms? Does this mean you will, personally, refund cost and shipping?

That they are clones, or clones of clones is not very concerning, as long as it works well, but if the Fasttech models are not working, or are producing 800 lumen rather than the 2000 advertised, there is a problem as it appears a number of us bought them before the Chinese New Year. They all seem to be knock offs of the tiny monster, anyway, so what we were looking for is that the lights would work as advertised.

The Chinese government does nothing when it comes to intellectual theft. Look at how they handled Martin Guitars case: they allow shameless knock offs and refused to even order the store to change their name.

Have others found that the Fasttech Skyray Kings to be defective also?
I expect delivery of mine tomorrow and will report back.

If it is not working properly, it is cost prohibitive to mail it back to China. My local USPS said that they do not have
tracking in order to show delivery. He said, “China doesn’t do that” for regular packaging.

Then we have to open a case with paypal.

I suggest taking either pictures or video of the light’s arrival: opening of the package and testing of the light, including, for the lights that are weak, showing a comparison.

Fasttech should comment on this when they return from holiday.

now I am a bit concerned!
What about Nitecore products that they sale? Genuine or not?

Send it back and send them a tracking No. and get a refund . They were good at refunding my money on a POS they sold me.

Apologies for the hyperextension of my vocabulary. What I meant to say was that, "I can assure you, through my own personal experience with the actual product in both it's Black CW and NW variants and comparisons of them to, both what I have seen in my friends' and read online through other users' experiences, that the product itself acquired from CNQG and/or FF, is of the highest quality available. This I have ascertained."

Ric-CN puts his name on it. Not literally. But he probably could/should.

Mai Engrish ees nhaut sew goud. Aey breym pubbleek scuul sistum.

Gotcha, no problem. I thought you might have worked for them and were actually, well you get it. Vouching for the company helps too.

I do have suspicion over Chinese companies, in general. Their treatment of Martin Guitars was incredibly shoddy, and all the various accounts at ebay that were sending out packets of shredded paper or trinkets was something eye opening to lots of us.

thanks for the clarification.

Heh, I was hoping to have mine today, or maybe tomorrow, but it seems to be stuck in a USPS loop.

Both lights bodies are about same. UV-S5 threads are crappy and have lost some anodizing and button is lower quality and rattles. But brightness is about same (genuine NW SRK is only 10% brighter), which is the most important thing to most people.

To me it was worth to pay ~$10 extra from better threads, better feeling switch which doesn't rattle and most of all, NW tint.

Anyone with more experience with Fasttech predict how they will react to this?

My $39 King arrives tomorrow in the mail; it is for my wife. I will feel badly if it is a dud, either not working for more than 60 seconds, or if the lumen output is very weak.

To the poster who said send it back with tracking: have you done this to China before? My local PO said, “nope, can’t do it…” unless I send it with a special type of shipping that costs as much as the light!

I highly doubt that the lights they are sending are complete duds. A great point made by one of the other posters about these, is in reality all the kings are copies. So as long as you get a decent quality flashlight, and works, that's good.

If the light is working, but not up to expectations, they will most likely offer a discount toward future purchase as the first option. That the #1 approach 99% of companies will take.

#2, They will ask you to send it back for exchange, or refund.

Sending things to china is pricey. Via USPS, only Express/EMS is actually tracked, and it will run about $40, and double or more via Fedex and DHL. AFAIK you won't have to do that though, because they have an address to send returns to in US.

Maybe just ask for a new driver to be mailed to you and a small discount. If you don’t have any soldering skills then you could find a friend that might be able to help.

Well, mine turned up today from FT, just have to get my batteries charged before testing.

Quality seems OK, and provided it’s bright enough to impress girls, that’s job done as far as I’m concerned.