Feeler: 16mm copper sinkpads

I want 5x 16mm boards. Always nice to have good quality board in stock.

@nitro : thanks for the flashlights. I got them now.

I could by a couple. 2-3 maybe.

How’s this coming along? I’d be interested in at least a few XML and a few XPG.

About time I put my name forward for a few 16mm boards:

5 XML
10 XPG
5 XRE (if it can be done)

I’m pretty sure xpg and xre use the same stars… If not, I’m in or a disappointment lol

You’re in for a huge disappointment, unfortunately.

XP-G is 3.45mm x 3.45mm (XP-G2 same)
XR-E is 9.00mm x 7.00mm

They use VERY different surface mount geometries.

If you meant XP-E, however, then yes - it uses the same star as XP-G
XP-E is 3.45mm x 3.45mm (XP-E2 same)

PPtk

are we close to the 690 units we need?

id be interested in 10 xml+10 xpg

I’m trying to talk to them on the pricing, one day it’s this price next day it changes

Got a quote for 2mm thick boards that was 10% more of the 20mm boards witch is fine now they say 30-45% more

So I’m working on it :slight_smile:

oh well, lol. i thought someone mentioned in the 20mm sinkpad thread that they would work. would an xml pad work for the xre?

Nope. :( The person was probably talking about the XP-E not the XR-E.

For an XR-E the way to go is with direct bonding to a copper heatsink, it's really easy with the XR-E since it is such a large LED.

It really is pretty easy.

I’d be in for maybe 8 of the 16mm boards.

Do you basically scrape the outer edges of the bottom of the led the parts that make contact on the boards they are attached to so that they have no electrical path on the bottom the bond the led in the center to the copper? Then attach wired to the top of the end of the led?

Hopefullt that made some sense. If not could someone explain the process i would definitely be interested in trying it.

Thanks!

What are the latest costs involved for this order? Tooling, per pcb, shipping?

yes, I use a dremel to grind off the electrical contacts on the bottom. leave the center pad alone, that’s what gets soldered to copper.

BTW - when I talked to them about 16mm boards, they told me the quote they gave ‘us’ was for a custom run of ONE type - no xm-l and xp-g/xp-e - one or the other

and, they don’t make xr-e boards, but they can

Thanks dthrckt

any news?

That means producing two types of boards would increase the cost? And maybe the minimum number of boards? Damn…

Else I’d be in for 5-10x XP-G.

I can do half and half so for say 500xml and 500xpg

So I need a drawing of a xpg board