Finally BG is selling the BLF Special Edition boxes

Thanks!

However, last time i go some carved i remember they where not cheap… maybe as much as the box - lol
With brass screws and a nice patina it would surely add a nice touch worth the cost. But if the inside is that crappy, i don’t know… I’ll have to have a closer look at mine…

Yes, as you can see my linings and the cutouts were not helping the overall feeling I had when I got these boxes, not one bit actually, but as I said, it’s good members such as you that got me to pull my head out and do what we here do best and it ain’t whining about goofy boxes, I saw the numbers and inquired and bought them anyhow, so they’re mine and I’m keeping them and not complaining to BG any longer over this or what I see as some matters of principle or what kind of integrity I think these vendors should have, sort of like spitting in the wind anyhow and fixing them like your suggestion is really the high road to go with and exactly what I’m going to do,
This did not break the bank and actually are priced reasonable now that I’m looking at them differently, and that foam lining the pluck to shape stuff I’m talking about that will make this a nice box with the new lights is sold here which is just a quick look around to post what I’m referring to, maybe somewhere else the prices might be better, not sure but just an idea to go with your great cover up the junk plate idea, Foam for boxes

Edit: By the way, I really wanted to use these as boxes for gift lights, originally I thought I could simply use a woodworking router and just take it down to the depth of the numbers but then discovered what these are really made of, but now that I know I can still take it down around the width, and length of those numbers and also the depth of my chosen type of metal for the engraved placard and then it will be an inserted and personalized awesome looking gift I hope, I’m thinking now ha ha

Nicely said T18.
Just to add something Jack missed out on is that there was mentioned somewhere that the boxes would be available after the sale.

Thank you Sir, I appreciate your comment and yes they were promised actually after all the GB purchases had been shipped out, so I did keep on BG myself because I had some personal interest in getting as many of them as possible, I kept after them until I believe at least May and then gave up and then to see them now just threw gas on a already old smoldering fire in my mind anyhow… Thanks though for your kind comment…!

I finally managed to put together the box and the copper/ss Astrolux set and it is a perfect fit!

The foam inset is nicely cut - nothing to complain about, and the lights fit snugly which is fine. I don’t know what to do with the extra rectangular space… i’d rather not have it as it’s setting the lights off-center. Overall i’m very glad with this box. :slight_smile:

That’s is nice to hear Patmurris, It’s sort of luck of the draw as far as the box sent and if it survives shipping etc. But that is excellent to hear.
A suggestion I’d give to you regarding that square space, if you remove the foam cutout section you will see that there’s a black liner that’s got adhesive backing so it’s stuck down real nice, so maybe do as I did on one of the 3 I bought and take a razor knife and just cut on the square box side of the foam and just remove that section leaving it completely open, then you can fit a couple batteries or a EDC size light, but removing that end does leave a nice clean open area for you, I was really pleased once I realized that because really that little squared area isn’t even large enough to say keep your pocket clips in even, kind of a waste of space.
Hope that’s an idea for you and congrats… :slight_smile:

I just cut the end of one side of the foam , with an Exacto knife , to let an 18650 sit in there snugly and put a cell for each of the lights in the box.

@T18 and robo819: thanks for the ideas!