First post - Questions about NoName Gearbest light

Sounds good. I shoun’t have any issues with the pillar, as it will be a 16mm to 16mm transition.

You kidding? I ordered enough stuff from them I could open up Fasttech America™…

^ lol

I like the pill and reflector of this light, and how it screws together.
(I didn’t buy it though.)

Whoa, hey, NFRB…

If you’re planning on ordering the light in the screencapped ad for 12bux, I’d suggest looking at the Ultrafire D08. Apparently it’s also got internal usb recharging, and can take a 26650 or 18650 (with a sleeve). I’m probably going to order a couple just to dissect, and maybe mod, maybe use as-is.

I got a few similar-looking F13s, and the emitter is kinda nice right out of the tin, but I did a mod on it (driver and LED). UF seems to have some nice decent lights, so I suspect the D08 would be as nice as the F13.

See Ultrafire F13 mod if you don’t mind crappy pix.

Nice thing about the D08 is that at GB and FT, it’s only like 15¢ more, yet it’s a much better light. (Lookit the reviews for the one you want to order. Def some “quality issues”…)

Or if not the D08, go for the F13 for only a buk more. Nice simple workhorse.

Still say that for the best bang for the buk, a ’502 is king. And really easy to mod. And a damned nice-looking light. Doesn’t look like something cobbled together from spare plumbing parts. 5bux for a host, 8 for a complete light. Can’t beat that.

For what it is… it is actually not a bad little light. I have three I leave stashed around in different locations in the house.

THIS LINK will take you to a video review of it.

It was dubbed with the name… CFG01
That stands for… Cheap-Fake-Good-01:wink:

Ha ha, too late. Look at my first post. I DID get $1.20 off (used GB points) but I did pay for shipping (I rarely do that, but it was cheap and I needed fast) and insurance. I think the emitter transplant should be clean, as it is gonna be 16mm-on-16mm.

I looked at the listing on GB for that particular model, and noticed something that would keep me from buying it.

It was big.

And heavy.

DO8 weighed in at 221g, the CFG01 at 116g. I needed something that was light and small, and this didn’t fit the bill.
Looks like a great light tho, so I’ll add it to my favorites.

Also, it looks like it used a proprietary (Big no no) charging port, and the corresponding cable wasn’t included.

Yeh, it’s able to take a 26650 for a little more oomf. But you have the option to use a sleeve and an 18650 instead if you want. 5000mAH from a 26, vs 3400mAH from an 18.

So it just arrived today.
Pros: Pretty bright and the UI is simple. USB charging is nice, and the LED indicators are a great bonus. The finish is a mix between matte and a gloss. It has a good heft to it, and is way smaller than I thought it would be. O-rings throughout! One in the tailcap, one at the base of the handle and head, on on the ring that screws the lens on, and the GITD one at the lens plus a rubber USB cover.

Cons: The lens was dirty (???) when it arrived, but I cleaned that w/ some alcohol. Big fail I noticed was the button protruded just ever so slightly enough to be able to activated when the flashlight was upside down. The finish scratches a little too easily. The emitter is obviously fake, and it has that crappy blue tint. Other then that, pretty good for the price.

You can see a full(er) review at

Hi, Dear all, thank you for your kind help to the new member, thanks.

The item you showed is : USB Rechargeable Torch LED Flashlight

The link: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_604347.html

It has no Brand, as you mentioned.

Some details about the Flashlight:

Emitters: 1 * Cree XM-L2 1100LM

Color Temperature: 5000-6000K

Mode: 2 (Electrodeless dimming flashlight + strobe)

Battery: 1* 3000mAh 18650 (not included with the package)

rechargeable

Beam Distance: 100-200m

Operation:

Long press side switch to adjust brightness

the light will flash twice indicating max or min brightness

double click to activate Strobe mode

According to our BLF hot members’ tests and checking, we Gearbest must apologize for the 1100LM Parameter in our description.

Actually I tested at the spot, but we did not mention 1100LM which was the Max value of the range.

Sorry again, any more comments will be highly appreciated.

We later will take action to relist or list it off from Gearbest.

Thank you all for your help.

Nice day~

Gearbest