Flashaholic Syndrome Immunization: I've Decided to Buy Just 1, Simple General Purpose Light, Period

Having what you need means getting along.
Having what you want means having fun.

And that's why we're here

I bought a Romisen T601 for myself .

I ended up buying eight more for my biking buddies and others .

Once your friends and family find out you are a flashlight encyclopedia they will all want you to purchase flashlights for them , either for personal use or to use as gifts .

Gotta have primaries you might look at the lights by battery type on shining beam. AA makes more sense. The iTP SA1 looks like it gets close to your specs, but this might help find something else you prefer:

ITP SA1, SA2, SC1, SC2 Round-Up Review (XP-E R2): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more! | Candle Power Flashlight Forum!

The SA1 looks best to me on the brightnesss/runtime graph for Alkys. The Shining Beam version is now upgraded to R5 and the flashlight wiki confirms it produces 20% more light at the same draw as the older R2. The don’t list SA2, but the graphs tell a pretty similar story.

If you want long runtimes, the L91 is the other non-rechargable AA to consider.

Hey Rusty Joe,

You sound just like me, you are maybe 2 steps ahead of me. I am planning on getting rid of some of my lights too. I already have 5 or 6 lights ready for me to mod. But with 2 left thumbs, I do not know when I will start modding. So have fun, and do whatever come next.

This was an INCREDIBLY useful link for me. I can’t thank you enough.

Many of the lights reviewed there are ones I have considered and some are ones that I only now am considering, thanks to that chart and those pics.

Basically, this is a Flashaholic in denial……… :Sp

if it were possible to know all things flashy without having to touch them ,use them and buy something else than this forum wouldn't exist ..

I like how this thought that minimalist is somehow smart or desirous is commonly tossed around .

i know lots of people who aren't flashaholics who have almost 10 lights .

one or two might mean to these people that they can't have one in their car or boat s or must move one light into multiple locations ..being prepared doesn't mena remembering to bring a light .. rather having one or even two stowed securely for when you need one ...where you need one

Very glad it is helpful. I looked for but didn’t find a chart for 3 x AAs as there are some choices for those arrangements. I think the C88 may be one of those and if you wanted something larger for outdoors/camping instead of a better EDC those might be the other direction to go.

I’m not really an iTP fan boy . . but my first couple purchases (and my initial advice to you) were based on that comparison. The newer Olight products don’t seem to match the performance or offer as good of a value.

More may get bought as gifts, but having I’m basing our lights on NiMH LSDs and lithium rechargeable. Mostly the latter. The only primaries I’ll use will be for loaner lights or those kept primarily for emergency/backup use.

“I could easily fall into the addiction that is flashaholism,”

He’s already infected and he doesn’t even know it, lol.

Bought a Sipik SK68 one mode (pretty sure it’s not a clone) from one of the major retailers last night.

And so it begins…

let us know how you like it!!

:bigsmile:

I only need two lights

…in my glovebox
…in my dresser drawer
…in my kitchen drawer
…hanging from the door into my garage
…in my kids cars (x3)
…in my wife’s car
…in my den (and exit to the back yard)
…in my hallway drawer (for the front yard)

and a couple spares just in case

So that is 22 torches…I rarely use the other 30 or so that I own…

well said, and about the appropriate number of lights one should have as i see it.

I think the number is closer to 50

and by 50 ,,,, I really mean 80

Whatever it is, it went up by 2 today . .

I am aware.

Will do. How have you not relented and not bought one yet?

i never got any Sipik, clone, or xxxfire flashlight so far. makes me feel like a snob :steve:

I wouldnt mind too much getting an original 3-mode Sipik SK68 but i dont go looking for it. My zoomie of choice is the Romisen RC-29. Beautiful to look at and to feel in the hands. Exudes very nice build quality. Of my few lights it impresses non-flashaholics the most!!

Addiction. A guy at the other place spent $30,000 in 6 months!!! Yes, on flashlights. Beautiful collection! In reality those lights will hold their value better then the dollar as the dollar is eroding fast. That is why I spend mine as quick as feasible before it losses even more buying power.

Keith