Flashlight body wall thickness?

Ryzbor, if you mean to use some ∅22mm Convoy SST-40 linear driver (12 groups or 4 modes) in a Manta Ray C8.2, could work. The drivers may need some modification to work properly with 2S cells, but if they're built with the same parts as other recent Convoy drivers they'll likely straight work fine. Check the Convoy XHP35 Driver Analysis / Testing / Schematic thread, onboard linear regulator investigation here.

The increased voltage drop in the MOSFETs could cause trouble, improve driver cooling as much as possible.

No no, the new 1s 22mm 6v boost driver from Simon.

Already tried and tested Ryzbor, really no need to ask then. The removal of the onboard NTC resistors is discussed in the Convoy 17/22 mm SST40 Driver temperature protection removal thread, and looks like someone found it in the XHP70x driver.

In my experience, though, you can place your multimeter's probes over the resistor pins, and blow some air with your mouth while looking at the multimeter's screen. Even if subtle, that will reduce the resistance 1 - 2% and will give you confirmation that you are peeking at the right thing.

BTW, if someone wants a bit of flashlight sexyness and toughness at the same time, you can get that C8.2 in red :wink:
I guess the tube for the 2nd battery is not availble, though.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32953188982.html

About robust hosts, as a fan of AA lights: Convoy T2, Jaxman E3, Sofirn SF10 (Alonefire X360).

I see that Fireflies E07 can indeed break from a mild drop: