Flashlight modders get together party

Wow so much info. What did I get myself into!! Thanks! Great resources

Tons of pizza is not a problem and I am in NYC, but my place is really toosmall, I gotta rent a bigger space for this event. Maybe at my gf’s place, is a little bigger. She is an excellent cook too. Try one of her dishes and you never ask for pizza again, ever…I could actually arrange that if some modders wanna attend… and share experience. I have some unconventional flashlight ideas which it will take me years to implement myself, Maybe I can become some experience modder’s minion, work on it together and learn in the process…

I wasn’t kidding in the previous post. Actually this sounds like a super fun idea to me now. Who is in for a NYC modder’s ( or flashaholics alike) get together ? No obligations of any kind. Just meet up, eat, and talk nerd stuff would be a must, I guess. Kidding, just eating is a must. I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy but sounds like fun to me. We could do it some time this year? Who’s in?

Just buy a

soldering iron, flux, solder
Convoy C8 host
Bisscoti 7135*8 driver
XML2 or XPL HI led on 20mm mcpcb

The reason I recommend the C8 over the S2+ is because the S2+ requires soldering the driver to the brass pill.

Ass the original first poster in the thread, you can edit the Subject line
if you want to revise it to suggest a local get-together, that will get more attention to it.

I learned from a mix of YouTube, the Web, trial and error, and basic know-how I already had. Yes as was said by Moderator, you need some special tools like a soldering iron, a good temperature controlled one of 40 watts, they are like $30, good solder,a helping hands device, needle nose pliers, but if you want to go all in and do pro modding, you’ll need more special tools like a lathe, rotary tool, etc. For me, I make stuff with basic hand and power tools since I’m cheap, but you do need a good soldering iron, good solder, and basic know-how.

Sky’s the limit! Start small with an easily modified light like a Convoy S2+ or C8+.

I have learned a ton from the youtube channel of BLF member vestureofblood. :+1:

Yes I’ve enjoyed many of his videos myself, although I didn’t watch the ones on modding yet. Thanks

I have a good soldering iron, pliers and such are not a problem. Not sure I would mod something like s2 or c8 because I wouldn’t see a point in making them much better for my use but as practice they would be good. Thanks

You know what, I’m thinking about it too. Not that I want people to stop responding on modding education, the idea of a get together kinda excites me also, I might change the subject or start a new thread
Do light modders/ flashaholics actually meet up ona regular basis? Is there such a thing? And if yes, how is that normally done? Thank you!

As you can see from the content above , this started under a different topic name as my attempt to find a light modding mentor, and in the process, another idea took over and someone below suggested that I can the topic name to reflect the current sentiment.

I am thinking of hosting a flashlight modder’s get together in NYC area , so we can share ideas or just plain have a good time. , No idea if this is normally done here or if anyone’s interested. No obligation to do anything , although if you bring your favorite mods, I’m sure all will get a kick out of it. Depending on the number of people if this is at mine or my gf’s place, the food will be provided. Just bring what you would like to drink. We are both in Brooklyn. You don’t have to be a guru modder, just crazy about flashlights will do. We could plan to have it some time this years, what do you guys/gals say?

Who’s bringing the lube……for ahh the ehh threads

Hmmm. Behave!!! Anything goes except what you wouldn’t do in front of a 6 year old boy. Just a flashlovers get together to eat , drink a little and chat all kinds of nerdy stuff!!

I’d probably be down for a get together around NYC, feel free to PM me if plans solidify.

Fantastic. A few more people , and we have a party

Ha! Now we know who is bringing coca-cola

What, no more takers? Why not bring your fav. Mods or just favorite lights and show off and just come in and relax a bit? I have a lot of full batteries to burn for your guys. We will go on the balcony and do the farthest thrower contest. C mon - step out of your flashlight modding dungeons and lets have a good time. My gf cooks like a goddess, I kid you not.
We will have prizes for the winners of the coolest light owner. Possibilities are endless.

I’d be interested. Sometimes in the NYC/CT area visiting my sister… Timing dependent I’d attend.

Awesome. We will pick a date good for everyone